PDA

View Full Version : Chrome warning

James
04-12-2012, 07:53 AM
got this warning when visiting the forum:

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
www.kitchenknifeforums.com contains content from badgerandblade.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
We have already notified badgerandblade.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on badgerandblade.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

I'm not sure whether this is a false alert or not, but it might be worth looking into.

mainaman
04-12-2012, 08:05 AM
I got those visiting other forums too, I am not sure what is it about.

Pensacola Tiger
04-12-2012, 08:40 AM
It appears that KKF may have another Javascript compromise. I suggest turning off Javascript before visiting.

Jim
04-12-2012, 09:08 AM
The malware was removed from B&B- its just a warning from Google which won't be removed until Google revisits the B&B and reinspects it..

The B&B content that it refers to is mostly my photos.

add
04-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Just received warning as well.

Using Chrome browser on an iMac... problems seem to have stemmed from badgerandblade.com ?

Birnando
04-12-2012, 02:46 PM
That happens quite frequently with web-sites that has been compromised in some way.(malware et al)
B&B does that for me too these days.
Both on Chrome and Firefox, but not Safari.
I usually just ignore stuff like that on sites I frequent a lot, and know to be of a serious nature

Eamon Burke
04-12-2012, 04:23 PM
if you don't know what badger and blade is, don't be afraid, be sad. It's a sweet shaving forum, like SRP.

Jim
04-13-2012, 08:52 AM
Google has cleared the warning and the pop ups should be over- if you get a warning just log out and back in.

Lefty
04-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Eamon, you are my compadre in sharps, but I disagree....

B&B is better than SRP! :D

Eamon Burke
04-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Maybe for the topic, but SRP is one of the best put together forums on the internet. It's got a clean look, easy layout, a freaking wiki! It really set the standard for me for what to expect from an enthusiast BBS.

But yeah B&B is the KKF of straights(except KKF has the best layout for it's category too:razz:).

Birnando
04-18-2012, 02:21 PM
B&B is better than SRP! :D

Obviously, opinions vary on that;)

Lefty
04-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Hahaha. SRP is great too! Very pretty, for sure.

Dave Martell
04-18-2012, 04:24 PM
Let's please not bring the B&B/SRP debate here. :)

Birnando
04-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Let's please not bring the B&B/SRP debate here. :)

My apologies if I aided in stirring anything up here.
I'm a member on both places, and happily so.
I have no intentions of adding any fuzz to that:)

Lefty
04-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Yup, samesies. :D

DwarvenChef
04-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Me thinkith the virus warning reflects the ability of quality knives here to infect ones way of thinking... "Oooo I need that one..." see?