PDA

View Full Version : OT: Where Do You Sit?

mr drinky
04-13-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm old enough and I have broken my back twice. As sitting becomes a larger portion of my life, where I sit is more important.

I just ordered a new couch, but my office chair that I love is a vintage Eames Herman Miller office chair. I love it. Similar to the one in the photo below. Too lazy to take a photo.

k.

EdipisReks
04-13-2012, 11:54 PM
i have a Herman Miller Ergon 3, high back, at home. i have an inexpensive HM task chair at work that is adequate.

rsacco
04-13-2012, 11:55 PM
I use an Aeron in my home office...where I work and visit KKF.

EdipisReks
04-13-2012, 11:59 PM
I'm old enough and I have broken my back twice. As sitting becomes a larger portion of my life, where I sit is more important.

I just ordered a new couch, but my office chair that I love is a vintage Eames Herman Miller office chair. I love it. Similar to the one in the photo below. Too lazy to take a photo.

k.

i used to sit in one of those at a previous job. well, i actually sat in a bunch of them, as the casters kept breaking, and instead of just buying new casters, the office manager would just go grab a new one out of storage (we had something like 50 spare). they were comfy once broken in.

echerub
04-14-2012, 12:13 AM
During the day I sit on a "saddle seat" 6094

Wish I had one at home. I find that it makes my back and posture much better.

Crothcipt
04-14-2012, 12:20 AM
I one day picked up a leather, full backed, plastic arm rest office chair that had a broken caster. There was 2 of them right by the trash can. I looked at them both and took the best one home. No tares, no discoloration. And it has lasted longer than the 3 walmart office chairs I have bought. I had a caster that fit from one of the walmart broken pieces of.... So free is good. can you tell what one I payed for?6095

No idea the maker of it.

Eamon Burke
04-14-2012, 01:22 AM
We have an old chair from craigslist, but got a high desk, so I don't have to use it.

I would love a herman miller, heard they are a great company too.

DeepCSweede
04-14-2012, 01:11 PM
I use an Aeron in my home office...where I work and visit KKF.

I have one of those also that I got from the Arthur Andersen bankruptcy years ago. The lumbar pad has been improved on the newer ones I have noticed.