PDA

View Full Version : NKD-All hail the Fujiyama Sujihiki!

El Pescador
04-16-2012, 05:47 PM
With all the great knives that we have been exposed to in the last couple of months, it is understandable that the Konosuke Fujiyama line had been overlooked. I did my best to wait patiently for someone to do a review of the line, but no one did. I ordered this suji last month and had been waiting patiently for it to show up...today it did. First impressions. Good fit and finish, a little heavier and thicker than a regular Konosuke. Great looking handle. Review to follow in a few weeks.

heldentenor
04-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Looks great, Pesky! Three different knives from this line are on my current radar.

labor of love
04-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Very nice can't wait to hear how a Fujiyama suji performs.

JMac
04-17-2012, 12:57 AM
Nice. How are you gonna break it in?

El Pescador
04-17-2012, 01:38 AM
Nice. How are you gonna break it in?

I cut a dozen onions with the suji and the cladding is very reactive a la Shigefusa. Stinky!

stereo.pete
04-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Pescador, we need more photos! From the one photo it does look beautiful, nice knife.

Cadillac J
04-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Looks great. I just noticed when the 270 became available and it peaked my interest. Love all my thin sujis but it would be nice to try something a little different.

What other sujis will you be comparing to?

El Pescador
04-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Looks great. I just noticed when the 270 became available and it peaked my interest. Love all my thin sujis but it would be nice to try something a little different.

What other sujis will you be comparing to?

It depends on what TK59 has in his block! I'm waiting on a Catchside Suji and have put various sujihikis through their paces over the years. I have the most experience with the Tadatsuna style sujis that are pretty common.