PDA

View Full Version : Selling Stuff-not knives

knyfeknerd
05-26-2012, 05:06 PM
I am the owner of a rather larger and valuable Star Wars collection. I'm looking to sell my collection to fund this disgusting addiction I have(guess what it is?) and to jump start my family's move to the coast. Does anyone have any tips or ideas? I have never sold any thing on Ebay, and cataloging and photographing thousands of figures, toys, statues ,etc. is a huge task.
I recently joined a Star Wars collector's forum(the same layout as kkf) but don't know how well a newbie seller would be recieved.
Also-will trade Star Wars for knives works too!

Kyle
05-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Maybe start selling some lower priced items on the forum to build a positive reputation and then introduce higher priced items

rahimlee54
05-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Post some on CL local cash will be better than anything that involves shipping.

Namaxy
05-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Post some on CL local cash will be better than anything that involves shipping.

Great idea - I've always been pleasantly surprised by how much you can make selling locally on CL.

Eamon Burke
05-26-2012, 09:19 PM
If you have time, piecing out your collection will get you a bigger return by far--there are countless eBay businesses that just buy up collections, either on eBay or at various trade shows, and then piece them out. It's just a matter of being willing to take the slow train to payday and communicate with a few thousand people.

If you just need the money now and want to make the most out of it, Auction it.