PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Straight Razor

tkern
07-30-2012, 08:50 PM
I decided to give shaving with a straight razor a try, so I joined Badger&Blade and have been poking around for a bit. I figured some people on here might have a good, inexpensive
-under $40- straight razor that I could buy and see if this is a route to further persue.

Thanks,
Travis

chinacats
07-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Don't have one, but I have been looking...this site came recommended for the unseen deal.

http://www.whippeddog.com/straightrazors/view/sight-unseen-deal

steelcity
07-30-2012, 11:16 PM
That's a good site with tons of info. It's also how I found this site.

cwrightthruya
07-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Hi Travis,

Also check out straight razor place. It is one of the best sites for straights IMO. They also have a classified section where you should be able to find an excellent, shave ready, but cheaper straight razor. Check out their wiki of desired brands before you purchase as well.

Lefty
07-30-2012, 11:48 PM
All great advice!

l r harner
07-31-2012, 12:48 AM
once you get the hang of it you will never waht to use anyother way of shaving (be warned it can take a few times to get smoother at it )

i will be 4 years straight razor only in a week (starteed don my Bday aug 8)

DwarvenChef
07-31-2012, 03:32 AM
Did you have an idea of what kind of razor you where looking for? I have more razors than I need, just went almost a year going through all my razors, Now I have a few weeks of honing to catch up on :)

tkern
07-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Did you have an idea of what kind of razor you where looking for? I have more razors than I need, just went almost a year going through all my razors, Now I have a few weeks of honing to catch up on :)

I'm not really sure. I'd like to try out a few to see what works for me. I ordered one from the Whipped Dog as "sight unseen razor" so who knows what I'm getting. If you have a couple you want to unload pm me and we'll take it from there.

99Limited
07-31-2012, 03:39 PM
once you get the hang of it you will never waht to use anyother way of shaving (be warned it can take a few times to get smoother at it )

i will be 4 years straight razor only in a week (starteed don my Bday aug 8)

Travis, you better be warned with Butch chiming in. The next thing you'll know he'll be selling you one of his bad ass straights.

Lefty
07-31-2012, 04:09 PM
I don't think Butch does custom work anymore, but I could be wrong.
However, yes, they are bad ass. :D

tkern
07-31-2012, 04:25 PM
The g/f tolerates and understands the knives... I don't need a razor addiction too and the custom work that follows. though a butch straight would be bad ass... maybe with some burl scales.

JMJones
07-31-2012, 11:39 PM
I don't think Butch does custom work anymore, but I could be wrong.
However, yes, they are bad ass. :D

Dont know if that is true but it would be a shame.

Lefty
07-31-2012, 11:47 PM
You're right, it would be a shame. I could be wrong....

DwarvenChef
08-01-2012, 03:57 AM
I'm not really sure. I'd like to try out a few to see what works for me. I ordered one from the Whipped Dog as "sight unseen razor" so who knows what I'm getting. If you have a couple you want to unload pm me and we'll take it from there.

When I get my set out for honing I'll put aside a few and see what happens. To tired to think at the moment :p

Lefty
08-01-2012, 06:04 AM
I feel I should correct myself. I asked Butch, specifically if he's still doing custom work, and he is! Great news for everyone! :)
I had to know if I was telling people the wrong info, and it turns out I was! Oops.
Sorry to scare you guys :)