PDA

View Full Version : Beer, Bourbon & BBQ in Cary, NC

The BoardSMITH
08-05-2012, 07:58 AM
We had a terrific day at this event yesterday. They always manage to sell out their advance tickets early and each year the crowds get bigger. I can see this event having to move to a bigger facility at some point.

The booth took a while to set up and at the end of the day it looked a lot different.

This is the upper area where the vendors were set up. At the busiest time it was even more crowded than the photo shows. I had to wait until I had enough time to snap a quick photo so this isn't as good of a representation of how crowded it actually was.

The tasting tent was extremely popular! Most of the day the line was 5 to 6 deep waiting. I believe I remember hearing there were over 40 beer tasting areas and 30 or more bourbon areas. Cigars were also available. Suprisingly, even with all the booze available, I didn't see anyone who was out of line or overly inebreated.

kalaeb
08-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Wow, great looking booth. Nice work! Hope you were able to get away and taste some food.

tgraypots
08-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Dave, it looks like you came prepared! I hope it was hugely successful for you.

The BoardSMITH
08-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Thanks Tom, it was very good. I sold about 1/3 of what I brought.

I never know what to bring so I try to bring a good selection. Most of the sales were for the smaller boards and the larger ones had a lot of timre kickers. Some of those will call later with orders.

tgraypots
08-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Dave, we call them "lid lifters."

knyfeknerd
08-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Dave, we call them "lid lifters."

At first I was trying to figure out what Dave was talking about, but now I get it. Wish I could've made it out to this. Looks like a good time. Beer, Bourbon and BBQ are 3 of my favorite "B's". I think it's what they call a trifecta.

bprescot
08-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Oh man! I'm still in the area living out of a hotel and spent the weekend b!tching that I had nothing to do! I wish I had known about this!!! Looks like it was a great crowd, a good time, and good business. Congrats Dave!