PDA

View Full Version : steeley and his pics M.I.A.

knyfeknerd
08-15-2012, 06:51 PM
I scored a Clauss bread knife today, and went to a great gem on our forum in the Historical Finds section. There is a thread steeley started about them. However, it seems any image steeley has ever posted has diappeared!
What's up? I haven't heard anything out of steeley for a while either. Would hate to lose this great historical reference.

Eamon Burke
08-15-2012, 06:59 PM
What the what??

I was JUST showing that subforum to a friend of mine last night!!!

What happen??? Some set Steeley up the bomb!

markenki
08-15-2012, 07:26 PM
It seems the photo hosting site he used, LimePic, shut down. From the cached page on Bing:

"We regret to announce that LimePic will soon be approaching its end. As of next month the site will be shut down indefinitely. Please use this time to backup any saved pictures you have saved. The reason is because cost of running this site became too great. We are sorry and thanks to everyone for making this site great!"

Too bad. Let's hope he still has copies of the photos and can take the time to host them elsewhere.

knyfeknerd
08-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Let's hope he still has copies of the photos and can take the time to host them elsewherewow. he's got a TON of amazing pics. It would be tough to do all that work over again.

Dave Martell
08-15-2012, 08:27 PM
This is bad news :sad0:

kalaeb
08-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Yikes. I loved this section, hope it can be recovered.

Namaxy
08-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Yikes. I loved this section, hope it can be recovered.

Agreed. I'm stating the obvious when I say Steeley and his posts were encyclopedic. Something I really enjoyed.

Eamon Burke
08-15-2012, 10:07 PM
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

Deckhand
08-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Wow,what a disaster!!!

steeley
08-15-2012, 10:38 PM
:disdain::pullhair::notworking::angry3:Dam ! and i was going to post about Julia Child 100 birthday .
Dave let me go through the post tonight and see if any of the text is worth saving on my end and then i think maybe we start again at least with my post .
good thing I backed up all the images and most of the info .

add
08-16-2012, 11:53 AM
good thing I backed up all the images and most of the info .

Y E S !

:pirate1:

Have truly appreciated the wealth of your contributions....

steeley
08-17-2012, 08:51 PM
SO it appears some the images are back up .
LimePic my old image host might be hanging on with a new owner
but all that remains to be seen .
Dave and I are working on this but it is quite the pain .

Thanks
Steeley