View Full Version : Greetings from MA.

Rudy Joly
04-16-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm Rudy Joly from Plainville, Massachusetts. Save the snickering on the name, I've heard them all. After a long conversation with my freind BillT, I was pointed in this direction which I wasn't aware even existed. After noticing some of the familiar names on this site, I know there won't be a shortage of useful information and instruction. I got involved in knifemaking (seriously) around 1986 but have always had an interest since birth I think. Dad worked in a steel mill when I was an embyo. I forge and do stock removal but kitchen cutlery wasn't a serious consideration untill recently. I'm looking forward to learning something new and expanding my knifemaking skills with your help. Some of you may recognize my participation in other forums.

04-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Welcome Rudy!

I look forward to you posts.

Bill T
04-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Wecome Rudy !
This is a very interesting place for sure .
It appears there are people here who actually use their Custom Knives ... to the fullest ..
It's gonna be fun .. I'm real excited by all this . For such a new forum there's a wealth of information here . These guys really know their stuff . I don't even know where to start with the questions yet ..

04-16-2011, 03:45 PM
They will come to you, I'm sure!

Dave Martell
04-16-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm a MA kid myself, grew up on the South Shore (Abington) but I've mostly been gone since the mid-80's.

Welcome to KKF! :)

Rudy Joly
04-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome.
Dave, I'm a 25 minute ride west from there...right at the end of rte 106. There's a lot to catch up on in all these threads, I'll be digging around for the next few days.