PDA

View Full Version : Gear Thread Not Showing Up

mr drinky
09-09-2012, 01:30 AM
Just wondering, but how come my gear thread doesn't show up in the sub-forum? If I want to see it, I have to search my old posts and find it there, but it doesn't show up at all in the sub-forum -- unless I am not seeing something.

k.

Andrew H
09-09-2012, 01:35 AM
It's there. Knife & Gear galleries are organized by thread starter (alphabetical instead of chronological) so you can find a certain collection quickly. Your thread is slightly more than halfway down the 2nd of three pages of links. http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/forumdisplay.php/72-Knife-amp-Gear-Galleries/page2?order=asc

mr drinky
09-09-2012, 01:41 AM
This is bizarre. I still can't see it, and I only see two pages of gear (not three), and the second page only has 4 entries on it. So apparently, I cannot see a lot of other gear posts either.

k.

Pensacola Tiger
09-09-2012, 01:45 AM
FWIW, I can see your thread, K. I agree it's strange.

GlassEye
09-09-2012, 01:46 AM
Could it be a user setting defining how far back the posts go, or how many threads will be loaded? I have had a similar problem on other forums.

mr drinky
09-09-2012, 01:50 AM
Could it be a user setting defining how far back the posts go, or how many threads will be loaded? I have had a similar problem on other forums.

Thanks GlassEye, that was the problem. The default setting was set to only show posts for the last 100 days. Now I can see things perfectly.

k.

Edit. Thanked the wrong person and corrected it.