PDA

View Full Version : 14 Course Tasting

ThEoRy
09-09-2012, 11:29 AM
This was conceived, prepared and filmed in a rush during one hectic night. Sorry if it feels exactly that way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxD485mx67M&feature=youtu.be

PierreRodrigue
09-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Wow!If it tastes half as good as it looks, it must be amazing!

jgraeff
09-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Well done love the sushi roll!

Kriegs
09-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Nice looking food! Though I must say, the portions look rather large for a 14 course tasting..unless they were intended to be shared I suppose.

lumo
09-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Looks great! Oysters, hamachi, steak tartare, SPANISH MACK, pork belly, veal cheeks and pizza...holy crap some people got spoiled. Any wine or beer pairings with this meal?

ThEoRy
09-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks guys! There were indeed pairings with the meal though for the life of me I couldn't remember if I tried.

I guess the camera does indeed add 15 lbs :D Since there isn't anything to see as a reference point it's hard to judge what size they are. For instance I took one 8oz duck breast and sliced it into four portions. The mackerel was almost a 3 oz piece. The sushi I actually lost the actual footage and had to use a film from the next day which is why it seems presented differently. It was only one piece during the tasting meal though. The only course where I thought the portion was large was the pork belly. When I said during plating, "That should almost be cut in half", I was told, "Yeah but they'll like it." Ok Chef. Also I am showing you a three hour meal in just 3 minutes, so yeah it seems like a lot of food all at once as well.

I still need to annotate the dishes with better descriptions of the ingredients. I may get around to that in the next few days if I can.

Deckhand
09-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Lucky guests