PDA

View Full Version : Ceasar's Grand Bacchanal Buffet...

Mucho Bocho
09-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Curious if anybody has visited Caesars Palace in Vas Vegas new buffet Bacchanal. Supposed to be the largest and highest quality buffet in the world. I'm sure some are into Buffets and some will turn their nose. I'm just looking for first hand experience here. I'll be out there in a few weeks, very interested in trying it.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2012/09/bacchanal-buffet-opens-at-caesars-palace-in-las-vegas/

ajhuff
09-13-2012, 04:39 PM
I would love to go!

-AJ

stereo.pete
09-14-2012, 08:38 AM
Call me crazy but food tastes best when it is served fresh, not sitting under a heat lamp or on a steam table. With that being said there are certain items that lend themselves better to buffet style serving but in the end I have never been impressed by a buffet.

Crothcipt
09-23-2012, 01:29 AM
I would give it a try. But 40$ for dinner I am def. hitting the lobster and sushi bar.

Andrew H
09-23-2012, 01:52 AM
Call me crazy but food tastes best when it is served fresh, not sitting under a heat lamp or on a steam table. With that being said there are certain items that lend themselves better to buffet style serving but in the end I have never been impressed by a buffet.

It sounds like it's cooked to order? Some kind of restaurant / buffet hybrid?

“I think the main difference is not only in the presentation, but in the quality of the ingredients, cooking things as you need them,” said Green. “Traditionally, buffets in Las Vegas we’ve always done [have been] steam table self-service and [food preparers] kind of made a lot of stuff ahead of time to make sure you’re prepared for the crowd.”
Advances in technology have allowed Bacchanal to stop mass cooking and create made-to-order dishes, Green said. He believes visitors will be “looking at the next generation of a buffet."

eshua
09-23-2012, 05:49 AM
Call me crazy but food tastes best when it is served fresh

IMO Lasagna is no good till its been in the fridge overnight and the corners get crispy in the oven for the 2nd warming.

bieniek
09-23-2012, 04:34 PM
I think he means for example lasagne has nothing crispy any longer when it stays under lamps or in steam box for an hour or two.

Other thing is, if you have 17 000 sqauare ft, how much of the food would go to waste?

stereo.pete
09-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Yeah, don't get me wrong, there are exceptions to every rule but frankly I have yet to be impressed by any buffet. This concept could be the exception if they are cooking the majority of the dishes fresh.