PDA

View Full Version : 187mm Carter kurouchi petty/funayuki

heirkb
09-25-2012, 03:26 PM
I really hate to let this one go since it looks so awesome and came in so recently, but I need cash for things other than knives right now given that I just bought a Marko practice gyuto. This is a 6.2 sun kurouchi funayuki that was listed on Carter's site a few weeks ago. It's thin (~1.5mm around the Carter stamp), has an awesome profile, and a great grind. I haven't used it at all but I really want to, because I can tell it's an awesome cutter. I'm pretty sure this is one of those Carters that's right at the boundary of a price bracket. What I mean is if the knife was a tiny bit longer, it would be a lot more expensive. So this is your chance to pick up a cheaper Carter that's not tiny (or a Nakiri) that's still completely new, even has the oil that Murray puts on the knives for shipping.

With shipping, this knife cost me $232.00. Whoever wants it for $220 shipped CONUS with tracking can have it at that price. Please just help get this thing away from me so that I don't actually end up using it. PLEASE PM me if you want the knife. Don't just post in the thread expecting that I'll check it every five minutes.

Note: If you want insurance, please ask for it. I can't be responsible for uninsured packages.

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww92/heirkb/Carter/photo4.jpg
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww92/heirkb/Carter/photo3.jpg
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww92/heirkb/Carter/photo2.jpg
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww92/heirkb/Carter/photo1.jpg

Dr_Jim
09-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Ah - sweet Jesus on a rubber Pogo-stick .....

It's literally raining fabulous, affordable knives this week & we're so dammed broke we're eating Bottom Ramen this week.

Mutter, mutter, mutter

Cheers

Jim

Von blewitt
09-25-2012, 07:26 PM
I just picked up a 6.0 sun very similar, told my girlfriend it was an early christmas present to myself... So she took it and I'm not allowed it till then. Me and my big mouth :0

SpikeC
09-25-2012, 07:30 PM
OOps!

heirkb
09-25-2012, 08:30 PM
I just picked up a 6.0 sun very similar, told my girlfriend it was an early christmas present to myself... So she took it and I'm not allowed it till then. Me and my big mouth :0

Separate PayPal accounts. Means I overspend when I want and then have to clean up my own messes as in this case.

Von blewitt
09-25-2012, 08:43 PM
I have a separate account, but I always get busted on delivery. I live in a small town, so I struck a deal with the postman yesterday where he will call me before he delivers, so I can hopefully go undetected. Even if this only works half the time it will save me a few headaches!

Zwiefel
09-25-2012, 08:47 PM

heh....there are some advantages to working out of your house...except when your wife is a teacher...then summer makes things complicated!

add
09-25-2012, 08:54 PM
This one appears to have one of his signature wicked-thin tips, no?

Great knife and profile... here is to a quick sale.

heirkb
09-25-2012, 11:27 PM
This one appears to have one of his signature wicked-thin tips, no?

Great knife and profile... here is to a quick sale.

Yup, the taper to the tip is awesome. A non-nakiri Carter lasting more than an hour on this forum seems a little unusual, lol.

Mitbud
09-26-2012, 11:32 AM
I got the same knife in 178mm just last week. Love it!

evanjohnson
09-26-2012, 02:39 PM
... I'm pretty sure this is one of those Carters that's right at the boundary of a price bracket. What I mean is if the knife was a tiny bit longer, it would be a lot more expensive...

From Jason at Carter Cutley: "...knives over 6.5 sun are priced at a different rate. The time spent to forge, straighten, and heat treat these knives takes longer than the knives that Murray normally produces (> 6.5 sun). Because of this, larger knives are treated special orders and priced accordingly."

6.5 Sun = 197.4mm

Nice knife.

heirkb
09-29-2012, 11:43 AM
No love for a brand new Carter in a perfect size/profile?

I'll drop this to $210 shipped. I don't want to go lower than this on this one since it's totally new.

hambone.johnson
09-30-2012, 03:46 AM
your "in-box" was full, pm me, i'd like it.

heirkb
09-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Sorry about that. PM sent. Will update the thread if the knife sells or not.

heirkb
10-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Just wanted to update that I've gotten no response from hambone, so this is still up for grabs.

heirkb
10-03-2012, 02:11 PM
SOLD!