PDA

View Full Version : Cherry wood

rahimlee54
04-20-2011, 05:55 PM
My coworker had a cherry tree he was cutting down so I had him bring it to me for the smoker, I was wondering if I should check to see what form of cherry tree it was to make sure I won't get sick eating it. If anyone has any info regarding that it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jared

Jim
04-20-2011, 06:09 PM
I have never heard of a problem with any fruit tree, even the ornamental pears and plums are great.

Nice score!

mhlee
04-20-2011, 06:11 PM
You might just want to ask if it's been sprayed with any pesticides. If not, enjoy!

rahimlee54
04-20-2011, 06:15 PM
It hasn't been sprayed so I will continue to enjoy. I just wasn't sure if there was one species to avoid eating. My other coworker has a whole peach tree waiting for me that should be enough to last me a good long while.

They will not even take any money for it and they are doing the cutting. So I paid one with a pecan pie and the other will be paid with something chocolate. Not a bad trade at all :).

Thanks
Jared

Ratton
04-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Not a bad trade at all :).

I would say a fair exchange is no robbery!!!! Great trade!!!

mhlee
04-21-2011, 12:45 PM
It hasn't been sprayed so I will continue to enjoy. I just wasn't sure if there was one species to avoid eating. My other coworker has a whole peach tree waiting for me that should be enough to last me a good long while.

They will not even take any money for it and they are doing the cutting. So I paid one with a pecan pie and the other will be paid with something chocolate. Not a bad trade at all :).

Thanks
Jared

I am so jealous. My stash of peach wood is dwindling and getting old. :eek2:

Moises
04-22-2011, 02:45 AM
I also have but it is quite new and i am very glad to have this at my home and i am fond of this and it is my hobby to take care of it. :laugh: