PDA

View Full Version : ????? Big Question ?????

The BoardSMITH
11-30-2012, 10:53 AM
I hate to ask a stupid question but at the risk of looking stupid, here goes.

Today UPS dropped off a package containing the knife in the photo below. I didn't order/buy a knife, I don't know anything about a pass around, in short I have no idea why this came to my door. Does anyone know any information about it and what I should do with it? If it was sent by mistake I will be happy to forward it off to its rightful destination, if it is a pass around I will be happy to give my unexpert opinion and then pass it off to the next person.

It looks to be a paring knife with a custom handle, there are no makers marks on the knife that I can recognize, it is very well balanced and terribly sharp.

(Tried to add a photo through Manage Attachments but nothing wouold finish loading. Sorry.)

EdipisReks
11-30-2012, 11:03 AM
upload the photo at www.imgur.com and then put the URL it gives you into a message in the thread.

chinacats
11-30-2012, 11:48 AM
It looks to be a paring knife with a custom handle, there are no makers marks on the knife that I can recognize, it is very well balanced and terribly sharp.

Definitely from someone on this forum!
:knife:

The BoardSMITH
11-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Finally able to attach a photo of the knife that arrived today. Anyone have any ideas?

heldentenor
11-30-2012, 01:32 PM
That's almost certainly a Del Ealy from his recent paring sale. I'm sure a forum member bought it--you might post in his sub-forum to ask.

Way to go, David, for your honesty and forthrightness--though it doesn't surprise me in the slightest in your case.

Pensacola Tiger
11-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Del's latest has an angled plungeline. This looks like this recent sale:

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/9209-Ealy-100mm-AEB-L-petty-larger-paring-Ironwood-burl-handle

Did it come from Kentucky?

Lefty
11-30-2012, 01:40 PM
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/9209-Ealy-100mm-AEB-L-petty-larger-paring-Ironwood-burl-handle

Nevermind....

The BoardSMITH
11-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Mystery solved. Chalk it up to my poor memory.

Ratton will be on his way to a warmer state soon and asked me to take the delivery of a knife he bought. So it arrived today without any notes or instructions so I was a little confused. So now I get to drool over it until he arrives next week on his way to FL. Don't worry Ratton, I will take very good care of your knife and promise not to dissect any fruit with it.

BTW It is a very good knife and one I would be delighted to own myself.

WildBoar
11-30-2012, 02:10 PM
Dave -- you could have bought that parer Del sent for us to display when you were in DC :) His pricing on these is very good. Shoot him an email and get on his list for the next batch (I know I put myself on the list the next week, as when I told him I wanted to buy it he had already sold it).