PDA

View Full Version : Ok, a tuna with a big knife...

PierreRodrigue
12-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Is very cool and quite impressive, but this guy busts a side of beef in under 12 minutes with what looks to be a well worn boning knife, not much bigger than a parer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MRuCLXxqjs

jmforge
12-12-2012, 12:30 AM
That's pretty cool, but I must ask the D-bag knife knut question. I wonder how fast he could have done it if he had used a knife that could stay sharp for more than 45 seconds? Yes, I counted and he sharpened that thing 14 times during the course of the video.:biggrin:

Mr.Magnus
12-12-2012, 12:31 AM
half a cow in 12 mins :)

PierreRodrigue
12-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Haha! I said the same thing!

JBroida
12-12-2012, 12:56 AM
while the speed is far more impressive that what i can do, if i ever did work like that at any of the restaurants i worked at, i would have been fired on the spot. There were a lot of nice pieces with large holes or big cuts through them that would have never flown.

Crothcipt
12-12-2012, 01:24 AM
Believe me when I tell you that steel is not removing any metal at all. If he was to be hitting any bone that blade is done. The only thing he is doing is just realigning the blade. For him it is just a every day happening and knowing were the bones are. Also if you notice the meat is fresh, if it was refrigerated he would have taken a lot longer. Not a bad video at all. I would like to see someone do the same with a better blade tho..

I also agree with John. When I worked at a meat packing plant they were always telling us to think about the end product, and use of the hook like that is a very big no-no.

brainsausage
12-12-2012, 01:55 AM
This reminds of that video in one of the youtube forums, of some guy hacking a bunch of veg into submission for a stew or I wish they'd 86'd the BS soundtrack. Much more satisfying hearing the knife cut, and protein smacks.

Obviously this is more speed oriented than precision, but the guy definitely has some idea what he's doing. A little sloppy, yes. I'm more unhappy with that BS music muting the sounds of fabrication, honestly.

Chuckles
12-12-2012, 02:18 AM
Looks like he has a personal greivance against this animal.

brainsausage
12-12-2012, 02:24 AM
Wow- my prior post just got butchered as well. I'd started a post on my iPhone, switched pages, came back to finish said post only to find it had magically disappeared. Then I typed a new one....

Apparently they just got smashed together... Weird.