Hi from the great norwet.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quint

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Ive been around over at bladeforums and figured I would stop by and check in over here. Ive been learning bladesmithing for the last year or so and have stumbled onto/dragged into/highly suggested to make some kitchen blades. Not something I was going to try for a while but hey when the inlaws want handmade kitchen knives vise expensive gifts what can a craftsperson say but "yeah I can make that, why not". :bigeek:

Anyways they loved them and they actually did perform pretty well compared to some cheapo poorly made manufactured guys but now that Ive started I want to be able to actually learn more of the ins and outs of kitchen knives and what people like to look for in there construction and what not to improve performance.

Dont worry Ill be sure to read for some time before I do much besides introduce myself.
Mechanic by trade, living up here in NW Washington state, yes its raining right now.

Good to have you! Lots to learn but a great place to do it.

Welcome! Nice to have you on board, enjoy your stay! I stayed in Bremerton for 6 months, it was alright. Oyster Bay Inn it was, I believe. Anyhow, looking forward to testing out your knives ;)

Thanks guys appreciate the welcome.

Quantum maybe in a while when I make something worth it Ill try a pass around so atleast a few can give me a little gibbering (I mean constructive criticism).

Welcome, wouldn't mind to see pics of your non kitchen knives too, we are just knife knuts here, not just kitchen knife knuts.

Welcome aboard! You are in the right place to learn how to make better kitchen knives. A lot of talented people here that seem to love to share knowledge.

Welcome, and great looking knives! I really really like the simple elegance of the handles. I want the single without the hamon, lol

Thanks for the compliments guys. I am getting a new sander for wood projects that has a good rest so hopefully I will be able to do some decent angles on it then I can try those handles.

Jmadams that one was a good little slicer, the stock metal was .09" and it was thinned out a bit more and with the bevel it cut really well just playing in the kitchen during christmas dinner. I am no chef so cant say how it would perform long haul, guess Ill find out if I can get the wife's parents to actually use them.

if you ever need someone to test one out lemme know :p im just across the water in Victoria BC

Well, quint, if you want I see how they work in a pro kitchen, make me one, lol. Serious though, the profile looks exactly like what I've been looking for, and your single bevel looks very very interesting. PM me if your interested

@quint, I deleted your knife pictures. Please re-read our Terms of Use that you agreed to when you signed up.

1. If you are a knife related product dealer/retailer and/or a knife maker/sharpener (etc.) you are not permitted to insert business related text/videos/images (company/product references) and/or links into your signature line, your homepage url (within the homepage profile box), within any posts, within your avatar, nor anywhere else on this site. Market research (such as asking questions regarding or referring to products/services that you make/offer for sale) is prohibited. These features are reserved for supporting vendors.

I don't mean to get you started out with a less than warm welcome but many knifemakers before you have made some bad business here and we've adjusted our policies as a result. I hope that you can understand where I'm coming from with this.

Welcome to KKF, enjoy the knifeness :)

Whoops sorry guys, misunderstood some of the membership outlines.

Back