Suisin Special Inox Passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
Hello hello!
I have a Suisin Special Inox that has been lightly used (theres very light rusting [looks like water marks]) and decided to add it to the passaround.

media.nl

http://korin.com/Suisin-Special-Inox-Gyutou

Details of the Suisin Special Inox:
  • Style - Chef 270mm
  • Steel - AUS 10 (10A steel)
  • Weight - On the heavier side
  • Recommended for - People who prefer heavier knives and require more power than precision.
  • Price - $265.00

To sign up for this passaround please note it here and PM me your address, phone number and name. :)

I would like to request that every other person send me back the knife for a tune up before shipping to the next person.

Thank you!

Thanks for this! It looks interesting. I'm in if you'll have me.

Yes of course! May I ask you to PM me your address, phone number and name?

:)

UGH. Sorry, this passaround if for the 240mm chef knife, not 270mm.

I'd like to try this one, if you don't mind. :)

I would like to try, thanks!!

id like to try, but im in germany, so im out i guess ;)

Any idea when you'll be making the list and sending this out? No hurry, just wondering?

id like to try as well. thanks

Awesome! :D

The list:

1. Jmadams13
2. lowercasebill
3. TK59
4. Cclin
5. Edipis Reks
6. Chuckles
7. UCmd

I will be shipping out Monday, thank you all so much for your time. I hope you enjoy the Suisin Special Inox!

Yup! I'll be shipping out Monday since the postal service doesn't come by today. :)

Sorry missed a person!

The list:

1. Jmadams13
2. lowercasebill
3. TK59
4. Cclin
5. Edipis Reks
6. Chuckles
7. UCmd
8. Daveb

Sounds good! I'll be looking for it around the end of the month. :)

damn I am away from the forum and I miss a pass a round.

Nope! :) I can add you to the list. No worries. Thank you for taking time to review our products.

Knife came today. Haven't used it yet as I just got home from work, but will be later when I make myself something to eat. Haven't even opened it yet. My opinions/review probably tomorrow night after I gets a good days workout

Suisin Special Inox 240mm review

Steel:
Edge it came with from Mari was great, and held it fine for the three days i have been using it. one at home and two at work, with a lot of heavy veg prep. after day three, tonight at home, cutting a lot of carrots and turnips. needed a strop on unloaded leather, then cut like a champ again. I do wish it was a little toothier, as tom skins and grapes take a little sawing.

There is a little sticktion, but I'm pretty sure that is due to the high polish if the steel. It is beautiful, and cleans up easily.

F&F:
Handle feels nice. There is little to no feel from bolster to handle, just a little on the rivets, they feel a little raised. end cap is the same as bolster, nice and smooth. The printing on the blade is also smooth, and feels durable. Handle is not slippry when wet either like some western handled knives I've used.

Feel:
I love the feel of this knife. I'll say that again, I LOVE THE FEEL of this knife. The handle fits my hand and pinch grip style great. Its a little handle heavy, but not to heavy to cause fatigue, but not to light to cause fatigue either, just right for me. Feels nice with rocking, smooth when slicing, and a pure joy (in gyuto terms) as a push cutter. Chopping was great, and mincing was almost fun. I really like this profile. Thinner than most westerns, but not lazer thin, a good medium.

Overall, I really like this knife. I've used it two days on the line, and love the fact that I can not worry as much as I would with my White and Blue steel knives, and it still comes out of the night looking new. Im not a SS guy, but this feels like a good middle ground. I think i have found my new line knife, and pretty sure I'll be purchasing one soon. It was between the Inox, or another CarboNext. I think the special Inox is the way to go for me.

It did come to me with a less than a mm bend in the tip, but was easily fixed. I hope lowercasebill enjoys it as much as I have, and thanks again Mari for letting me have a go at her.

If my opinions change after a few more days of use, I'll post it up.

joe

Mailed it out 5 mins ago, next day air. Guarenteed tomorrow. I'll PM you the tracki number Bill. Sorry for the delay in shipping. Had a sick mother to take care of the last few days.

Yeah she is, thanks. With a history of heart problems and stubbornness, things happen lol

Thanks. I read it again. And feel the same after a few more days with her. I already miss this knife... It was nothing "special" but also was great to use. Pretty sure I know know my next purchase

Thanks. I read it again. And feel the same after a few more days with her. I already miss this knife... It was nothing "special" but also was great to use. Pretty sure I know know my next purchase

got it today .. thanks but you did not have to send it expre$$ .
i was surprised to see it had an assymetric bevel..
it would not push cut paper so i put it to the strops .. better,, but still no.. tried jki awasedo very gently .... better... then down to red aoto very very gently up to awasedo and then strops . i was able to take a piece of hard carrot and make strips like they do with diakon radish . peeled some potatoes too.. been a long day will do more tomorrow but my initial impression .. a work horse knife.. and easy to sharpen .
Mari said it should be sent back to her for sharpnening but she is in Japan. i need advice . back to Korin next wednesday or to next on the list and i do not have an address.
thanks
lcb

Sent bit express because I was late getting it out.

Sorry about the edge. I didnt really do to much before I sent it out, just touchup. I should have taking my time a little more.
I'm not sure what to do about the next person. Maybe she will be back before next week

Go ahead and send it to Korin attn: Mari. I don't think anyone is gonna be in a big hurry. :2cents:

Sent bit express because I was late getting it out.

Sorry about the edge. I didnt really do to much before I sent it out, just touchup. I should have taking my time a little more.
I'm not sure what to do about the next person. Maybe she will be back before next week

no appologies need about the edge.. i was anxious to get a feel for how it sharpened,. actaully i was more interested in that than cutting with it ..

Back