Hey guys

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato42

Reaction score
Hey fellas. I recognize a lot of names from elsewhere. I got an interesting email the other day and decided to stop by... more on that later :devilburn:

Well I've been avoiding the "other forum" for months because it's just such a horrible tease most of the time. I've been unemployed for ages so definitely no money for steel.

The thing is, I got an email from So...:happy1: It's been nearly 3 years now.

The thing is, I got an email from So...:happy1: It's been nearly 3 years now.

Hey Sean, welcome. I got an email and a payment invoice from So, that's even worse ;) Bad timing, but I think I will take it and then see what I do. Had about the same wait time.

Stefan

Glad you decided to show up Sean. You'll like it here. More civilized and respectful.

Thanks for the welcome Bao, Rick, Stefan, Jim, Dave and David. It's nice to be here less than a day and still be on a first name basis with everybody ;)

Yep, it came in to So a few days ago, 225mm kasumi gyuto - same length as my Carter IP, that should be interesting. Now I need to wait for my paycheck to come in and then So will EMS it over to me. I spent too much on wood, tools and stabilizing the past 2 months :rolleyes2: Oh, and I had ordered it without a handle, probably have to think of something there also...

Stefan

Yep, it came in to So a few days ago, 225mm kasumi gyuto - same length as my Carter IP, that should be interesting. Now I need to wait for my paycheck to come in and then So will EMS it over to me. I spent too much on wood, tools and stabilizing the past 2 months :rolleyes2: Oh, and I had ordered it without a handle, probably have to think of something there also...

Stefan

I look forward to seeing what the eventual handle and blade looks like.

Yep, it came in to So a few days ago, 225mm kasumi gyuto

Is that the machi measurement or the edge measurement? I also had a 240mm kasumi gyuto on order from So. Now it's just a matter of scrounging up the money:crying:

Is that the machi measurement or the edge measurement? I also had a 240mm kasumi gyuto on order from So. Now it's just a matter of scrounging up the money:crying:

Typically, Shigefusa knives are measured on the edge. Machi to tip would be 240mm for 225mm gyuto, and 255-260mm for 240mm gyuto.

Welcome, Sean!

M

Thanks for the welcome Marko. So the one So is holding for me is a true 240mm at the edge...

Thanks for the welcome Marko. So the one So is holding for me is a true 240mm at the edge...

hey sean... nice to see you here

@marko... seems like a lot of Sanjo and Sanjo trained bladesmiths measure that way

Back