Sorry, Blobby. Mold happens just about everywhere there is moisture, warmth and lack of sunlight. The only question is how fast it's growing and how much time it has to do so. I have a 1k soaker that I used often enough for a couple of months that it never quite dried out in between uses and it now has a faint pink glow to it, lol.
Originally Posted by Blobby
I permasoak two of mine - Gesshin 400 and Beston 500 I just change the water once a week My other ones I lean on edge to dry, but I never put them in a sealed container.
Never said mould didn't happen. I suggested not to worry about it. Moisture, warmth and a lack of sunlight is a perfect description of the environment inside of any stone. It's there all the time in some form or other. I doubt even putting through a drying cycle is going to make that much difference to be honest. There will be bacteria living in there somewhere. And if you want to create a nice pink, black, green, purple...etc... glow to any substrate just permanently stick it in water. That's the aerobic equivalent of storing it in an airtight container.
Originally Posted by tk59