Mari will be in Japan / Previous Japan Eats

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
Hello hello!

Just a heads up, I will be in Japan from Jan 10 to 25th. I'll be checking emails once a day, so please feel free to send me any questions or concerns. I will also be posting daily (or as often as I can) meal pictures for anyone interested. :)

Thanks!
- Mari

And now to the things I usually eat in Japan. It's nothing fancy and some of it was just for novelty purposes. :)

Strawberry parfait from Mr. Orson's Strawberry Cafe [Orson-san no ichigo cafe] in Kawaguchiko (near Mt. Fuji).
Fresh strawberry soft serve with barely any sugar and sweetened condensed milk soft serve. This particular cafe is amongst my favorite places in the world. They grow their own strawberries and make the best strawberry juice with simple syrup on the side (not that you need it). If you love fresh strawberries as much as I do, I guarantee delicious dreams about this place.

Sukiyaki in Yokohama
Look at that marbling! :D

Gigantic melon soda float.

Rice galbi burger at Mos Burger

Gyoza sword at Namja Town in Ikebukuro.
It was too silly to not get.

Steaming boar houtou noodle soup, specialty of Yamanashi prefecture. Houtou is an one-pot dish which vegetables, meat, and noodles are simmered in miso based soup. The noodles are similar to udon, except much thicker and has more of a consistency of dumplings. From what I understand, houtou noodles were developed in Yamanashi prefecture during when the region was having rice shortages. There are apparently several theories on why these noodles were made, but I'm not sure which is true. Nothing better than hot fresh houtou after walking in the snow from a hostel. lol

My kabocha (Japanese pumpkin) ice cream.

Salmon and ikura kamameshi : Rice cooked in a steel kama pot.

Anago [salt water eel] kamameshi

Tsukune with raw egg. Tsukune is chicken meat ball grilled at yakitori bars.

Haro latte from the Gundam Cafe.

Egg and ham breakfast croissant from Choco Cro.

Cheesecakes

Thanks for reading! :D

Wow, now I really can't wait to go to Japan! I love taking pictures of my food too, thanks for sharing!

Yes, you must go! There is food everywhere, it's amazing. If you like sweets its heaven on earth too. :)

Thanks for reading! :D

Back