$75 EBay Gift Card - what to buy?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gimme some ideas guys:)

1. It has to be a kitchen knife
2. I Prefer to be below 210mm.

The rest I am flexible on. I wouldn't mind paying bit more for something special, so give me some ideas :)

Tanaka petty still love mine. I see they now have a western handle for it now.

http://www.ebay.com/********

EDIT - Sorry , live auction links are not allowed

Dave

I think you will find the Yamawaku to be the better made knife. The Tojiro shirogami can suffer from overgrinds (personal experience) and the kuruouchi comes off rather easily--I've not heard that about the Yamawaku. In fact there was a passaround Yamawaku recently here that people seemed to enjoy...good knife for the money. That being said there are many happy Tojiro users--I am not one of them.:2cents:

Here is a recent thread about a passaround Yamawaku nakiri that may be helpful...

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/6660-Yamawaku-Nakiri?highlight=yamawaku

that tojiro look a lot like the ITK series. don't get it.

the yamawaku would be better.

=D

KKF Terms of Use

5. To prevent abusive advertisement, no member shall direct other members, either through direct hotlink or indirectly through comments or other means, to any live eBay auctions or other auction sites. Do not post URLs, item numbers, or seller IDs or any similar information unless that e-Bay auction has a "buy it now" price or is contained within an eBay storefront. Members should also use good judgment in posting information that may reference specific active auctions, particularly if the extra attention drawn to it would be unwanted by other members who may be bidding.
Please feel free to discuss eBay auctions only after they are closed.

Look for a seller called bluewayjapan on ebay. He's very helpful and will get stuff for you that he doesn't list on ebay if you know what you want.

You can find kanetsune kanemasas in 210 or 240 for around 50 bucks. They say it's 2n steel, which has been said to be sk5. Not overly reactive and takes a good edge. Worth it imho :)

The Tanakas are a crap shoot. You could get a good one or one with holes on the edge.

The kanetsune 210 gyuto is great like I said earlier for the price, less than $50 shipped. And you could still buy a stone :)

Back