What if 1 more...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbochef422

Reaction score
If you could buy only one more knife for the rest of your life what would it be?

I would want a 270mm gyuto from Mario with bogoak and musk ox.

The 240mm custom gyuto Marko Tsourkan is going to make for me. :cool2:

LOL, will wait until I get it, but also waiting on a Marko. I have not tried all the custom makers (yet, for the forum members as I can never see myself paying Kramer prices), so the nicest knife I own is a mid-tech DT...or two.

I am pretty set on my knives. I am not wanting for anything, but.....I would would like to try one from Spike.

My Devin Thomas Turkish Twist Damascus 250mm gyuto. (Under mental construction)

Me too... A custom from Devin...

Maybe a 240mm damascus gytuo from Michael Rader, or a unique concoction that Randy and I can come up with! Or some Sanmai from Pierre... Y have a hard time deciding.... Any if those could be my last knife.

Im also liking something cool from Will C.... His knives are awesome! :razz:

Hey! Were just dreaming... Right?

Gesshin Hide blue#1 Honyaki 270 gyuto that Chuck nabbed.
Then I'd ask mhenry to lace it with a sexy handle, maybe bog oak.

Since I still actually have to buy it, a 260mm gyuto san mai with some of that super special steel/heat treat. If it was just I get to have one more knife without having to purchase it, besides the obvious Kramer (because its free and we all would like to have one) I'd go with a Rodrique feather Damascus scimitar, or just something bat sh!t crazy from those two nuts at HHH customs.

Well, I have a Burke lined up to be done soon so that is already a done deal. Two knives I really want before I consider myself done are a Rader, and I will put myself on his list after the delivery of my Burke. Finally, I have known Marko for quite some time and know he is a man of perfection. I got on his list a long time ago but have yet to hear from him. I really want one of his knives, from my time knowing him I know it will speak volumes. Not one, but it's how it is.

I wwould leave that spot open....

Coming from Japan though.

Some kind of honyaki?

Marko with DT damascus

I could never decide...I would have trouble deciding between:

W2 Harner Wa-gyuto with ironwood and copper, with full polished hamon

A "murdered out" Rodrigue gyuto with a premium stainless, so I could never worry about it, and just beat the snot out of it for the next 50 years

See above, but change the steel to a carbon of Pierre's choice

A 225 "line knife" by Mike Davis with a handle of his choice, done in W2

A DT custom. Maker's choice.

A TC yanagi

The Mario gyuto I had, but sold....

Man, the list goes on and on.

If it has to be my daily user...

blue steel carter ip pro and get handle reshaped by dan o'malley at ee.

Oh, and a Rader, like Matt's crazy takobiki looking line knife.

If it has to be my daily user...

blue steel carter ip pro and get handle reshaped by dan o'malley at ee.

I have one of these in 225 and always found the ironwood handle a bit clunky, it just never ocurred to me to have it reshaped by someone. Thanks for mentioning that.

Other than that, I have no idea what ONE knife I would want, there are so many great ones just by the active makers on this forum. It would probably be a low maintenance 250-ish gyuto.

Stefan

Either a dt custom gyuto in feather Damascus or a Burke gyuto for sure.

It would be between:

A. 240/270 White Steel Enryu Kurouchi Damascus Gyuto by Tsukasa Hinoura.

B. Hunting/Outdoor adventure knife from Carter. I could skin an elk, chop up some wood chunks for a fire, and cook meal afterwards following a quick touch up on a stone.

Not that I have ever skinned any wild game, but it is nice to have the option.

Once i get my Marko custom im set! Mario and Marko knives complement each other very well dont think i could ever wish for another gyuto

for me, it would most likely be a hattori kd 240mm gyuto.

or a gyuto made by marko tsourkan, even thought i haven't tried one yet... still i wake up and the first thing i think about is one of marko's knives...:eyebrow:

Back