Genuine or fake Globals?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
price seems right but have you ever held/used one ?

The price seems to be in the right ball park. They're great knives.

I want to say fakes, the knife block has too much detail on it, from what Ive found so far, knife blocks are simple with no designs on them.

I think it's alright.. but who am I LOL I'd just make sure you've held them before cause they might get a good rap by some but I hate the design. But then again I am a D handle lover who's yet to be converted. :D

Thanks for the help. I saw them on potsandpans as a limited edition set and thought they should be alright but wanted a second opinion. Closest thing I've come to handling them is the packaging which I dare say is not a true reflection! :biggrin:

I know people dislike them but I do have smaller hands than the average man

its hard to tell by pictures. but real globals always have the copyright sign on the loggos and the black dots on the handle should be well made and not painted on sloppy/uneven.

I typically recommend against buying sets. I also recommend against buying global knives. That being said, this looks like a good deal on a closeout item. It may just be discontinued and they are making shelf space. The knives included within this set are not discontinued however. All in all it looks like a great bargain on something that I wouldn't normally recommend. If that helps you out at all. :D

You're only getting one big knife and lots of little ones so the price seems ok for them to be genuine. Only knife in the set I'd use would be the G2 though. There are better buys out there, but they're plenty servicable

I have seen that pattern on some of the stuff coming out of Aus.. I would recommend this cheap price to anyone that is looking for a descent knife set. Altho I wouldn't recommend a set to begin with.

Back