Quantcast
WTB: 210MM Gyuto, 120-150MM Petty....UK/EU....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB: 210MM Gyuto, 120-150MM Petty....UK/EU....

WTB: 210MM Gyuto, 120-150MM Petty....UK/EU....

A friend is looking for a gift for her husband who had been lusting after good cutlery for a while now.

He has some kind of stone-base sharpening apparatus that sounded like an edge-pro type system, so he should be able to keep a decent edge.

He doesn't own any carbon steel, so an all-carbon knife is out...but SS-clad carbon should be OK.

Budget, is £200 "out the door" for the pair. I'm not sure about prices in the EU, but this is roughly 360USD...which should be plenty enough.

Willing to consider used, if in excellent shape and original packing materials.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

I have RyuSen Tan-Gan-Ryu 210mm gyuto & Miyabi 7000 MC 8" Chef's Knives brand new in box! shoot me a pm if you interesting!!
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

If they are based in the UK I'd stick with JCK or Maxim due to the cheap shipping, or are you buying the knives then sending them to the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by stevenStefano View Post
    If they are based in the UK I'd stick with JCK or Maxim due to the cheap shipping, or are you buying the knives then sending them to the UK?
    Trying to get shipping direct to her...probably from JCK/Maxim...or maybe an EU/UK-based forum member.

I just did some checking on international shipping rates...OMG. USPS was $75, FedEx was $100. Unless I'm very confused, I can't see any way that I could ship from the US to the UK w/o wasting a huge amount of money.

It will have to be JCK or JNS, or a KKF member 'cross the pond.

USPS should be around $30 for two smaller knives.

Don't forget if its coming to the UK from the US the recipient will have taxes on top of cost

I have a 210mm Carbonext gyuto that I'm looking to sell, drop me a PM if interested and we can talk about a price and I'll get you some pictures etc. I'm in the UK so it should be fine for postage.

Quote Originally Posted by TB_London View Post
    Don't forget if its coming to the UK from the US the recipient will have taxes on top of cost
    Yes, I was just talking to my friend about this. apparently the fees are even charge on gifts and include the shipping costs! Doing some quick math, that means it's going to cost about 50% just in additional shipping/duties/fees...which means I need to find something inside the EU...or an exceptional deal

rdm_magic...pm incoming.

Any vendor in the EU (in addition to JNS)?

JCK is fine for UK folks. I think you can get what you're looking for betwen there and Maxim