• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: 210MM Gyuto, 120-150MM Petty....UK/EU....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwiefel

Reaction score
A friend is looking for a gift for her husband who had been lusting after good cutlery for a while now.

He has some kind of stone-base sharpening apparatus that sounded like an edge-pro type system, so he should be able to keep a decent edge.

He doesn't own any carbon steel, so an all-carbon knife is out...but SS-clad carbon should be OK.

Budget, is £200 "out the door" for the pair. I'm not sure about prices in the EU, but this is roughly 360USD...which should be plenty enough.

Willing to consider used, if in excellent shape and original packing materials.

I have RyuSen Tan-Gan-Ryu 210mm gyuto & Miyabi 7000 MC 8" Chef's Knives brand new in box! shoot me a pm if you interesting!!

If they are based in the UK I'd stick with JCK or Maxim due to the cheap shipping, or are you buying the knives then sending them to the UK?

If they are based in the UK I'd stick with JCK or Maxim due to the cheap shipping, or are you buying the knives then sending them to the UK?

Trying to get shipping direct to her...probably from JCK/Maxim...or maybe an EU/UK-based forum member.

I just did some checking on international shipping rates...OMG. USPS was $75, FedEx was $100. Unless I'm very confused, I can't see any way that I could ship from the US to the UK w/o wasting a huge amount of money.

It will have to be JCK or JNS, or a KKF member 'cross the pond.

USPS should be around $30 for two smaller knives.

Don't forget if its coming to the UK from the US the recipient will have taxes on top of cost

I have a 210mm Carbonext gyuto that I'm looking to sell, drop me a PM if interested and we can talk about a price and I'll get you some pictures etc. I'm in the UK so it should be fine for postage.

Don't forget if its coming to the UK from the US the recipient will have taxes on top of cost

Yes, I was just talking to my friend about this. apparently the fees are even charge on gifts and include the shipping costs! Doing some quick math, that means it's going to cost about 50% just in additional shipping/duties/fees...which means I need to find something inside the EU...or an exceptional deal :)

rdm_magic...pm incoming.

Any vendor in the EU (in addition to JNS)?

JCK is fine for UK folks. I think you can get what you're looking for betwen there and Maxim

Oops, forgot Korin France, hopefully Mari will forgive.....

hi there,

i live in the EU (austria, to be precise) and usually import duties are calculated as follows:
base = piece price including shipping cost
base + import duty (if applicable; approx. +5%) + sales tax (V.A.T.; in GB +20%)

in europe i know JNS (japanesenaturalstones) in denmark of course, dictum in germany, and then there's a store in london called japanese knife company. they all have webstores...

Oh no!! I forgot about Korin France too!

What are Edens stones like?

I got a set to try as they are cheap and hoped they would be good for friends/relatives/beginners. The only one I'd consider using is the finest one, can't remember what grit, 5kish. The others cut slowly, poor feedback, and the grit ratings seem a bit ambitious, the finest one is similar to my chosera 1k maybe a bit finer.

ebay.de

Zwiefel, I bought Tojiro set, which was 200 euro plus 20 for shipping or something like that.

Came in gift box and was fast.

Thanks everybody...my friend's plans are up in the air now, so this is on hold.

appreciate everyone jumping in as per usual!

Back