Quantcast
Satanite - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Satanite

  1. #11

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Skinny W2 - I knew it!
    Yes, custom rolled W2 (.125), but double the price of a regular thickness stock (.25") unfortunately. Saved myself a lot of time grinding and normalizing.

    Meeting Aldo was fun. If he comes to ECG, he can bring steel with him, if any of you guys need anything.

    M


    "If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

    If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Yes, custom rolled W2 (.125), but double the price of a regular thickness stock (.25") unfortunately. Saved myself a lot of time grinding and normalizing.

    Meeting Aldo was fun. If he comes to ECG, he can bring steel with him, if any of you guys need anything.

    M

    BAHH, you should get it in 2 1/2" round bar like me, it's so much more versatile.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by StephanFowler View Post
    BAHH, you should get it in 2 1/2" round bar like me, it's so much more versatile.
    Hehe, I wish. I would not have an excuse then to pass on LGs I see periodically for sale. Unfortunately, I can't have an open flame in my workshop (insurance and liability reasons), so for the time being, I have to select materials I can work with. Down the road, I will consider other options.

    M


    "If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

    If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

  5. #15
    You should do some WIP pics. I would keep a keen eye out for warpage...that's mighty thin steel you got there.

    Round Bar.....sheesh....

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    You should do some WIP pics. I would keep a keen eye out for warpage...that's mighty thin steel you got there.

    Round Bar.....sheesh....
    It's going to be months (at best) before I have anything to show. Not very keen on WIP, as I find stopping and taking pictures disruptive.

    M


    "If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

    If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    It's going to be months (at best) before I have anything to show. Not very keen on WIP, as I find stopping and taking pictures disruptive.

    M
    I can hang around your shop and drink beers while taking pictures if you find that a more elegant solution

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I can hang around your shop and drink beers while taking pictures if you find that a more elegant solution
    Sure. I have an arm chair in the shop and Internet, but you would have you wear a respirator.


    "If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

    If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

  9. #19
    you can blame me for the over sized 52100 i told aldo to get it that way. you can always grind down but you cant add back a easy

    and i have the really skinny W2 3/32 thick but i dont know if he has any left

  10. #20


    Bill Burke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    Posts
    502
    Marko, If you are going to try a hamon on 52100 you can save yourself some time and effort by not bothering, it dont work. You can get a temper line by heating and quenching only half the blade but it is not the wispy cloudy transition of a Japanese hamon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •