Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Satanite

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Skinny W2 - I knew it!
    Yes, custom rolled W2 (.125), but double the price of a regular thickness stock (.25") unfortunately. Saved myself a lot of time grinding and normalizing.

Meeting Aldo was fun. If he comes to ECG, he can bring steel with him, if any of you guys need anything.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Yes, custom rolled W2 (.125), but double the price of a regular thickness stock (.25") unfortunately. Saved myself a lot of time grinding and normalizing.

Meeting Aldo was fun. If he comes to ECG, he can bring steel with him, if any of you guys need anything.

M

BAHH, you should get it in 2 1/2" round bar like me, it's so much more versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanFowler View Post
    BAHH, you should get it in 2 1/2" round bar like me, it's so much more versatile.
    Hehe, I wish. I would not have an excuse then to pass on LGs I see periodically for sale. Unfortunately, I can't have an open flame in my workshop (insurance and liability reasons), so for the time being, I have to select materials I can work with. Down the road, I will consider other options.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

You should do some WIP pics. I would keep a keen eye out for warpage...that's mighty thin steel you got there.

Round Bar.....sheesh....

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    You should do some WIP pics. I would keep a keen eye out for warpage...that's mighty thin steel you got there.

Round Bar.....sheesh....
    It's going to be months (at best) before I have anything to show. Not very keen on WIP, as I find stopping and taking pictures disruptive.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    It's going to be months (at best) before I have anything to show. Not very keen on WIP, as I find stopping and taking pictures disruptive.

M
    I can hang around your shop and drink beers while taking pictures if you find that a more elegant solution

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I can hang around your shop and drink beers while taking pictures if you find that a more elegant solution
    Sure. I have an arm chair in the shop and Internet, but you would have you wear a respirator.

you can blame me for the over sized 52100 i told aldo to get it that way. you can always grind down but you cant add back a easy

and i have the really skinny W2 3/32 thick but i dont know if he has any left

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    Marko, If you are going to try a hamon on 52100 you can save yourself some time and effort by not bothering, it dont work. You can get a temper line by heating and quenching only half the blade but it is not the wispy cloudy transition of a Japanese hamon.