• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

DTN 240 RH Gyuto.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pescador

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Up for sale is Don Nguyen 240mm Gyuto. I was super excited to get this knife after hearing amazing things about the passaround. I bought this knife expecting AMAZING things. Accidentally splitting atoms because of its ability to get insanely sharp etc...

Well, all of that might be true. I was so excited to get the knife that I ran home and quickly put it through it's paces. A dozen carrots, 2 bunches of celery and a half dozen onions later I realized that-THIS IS A RIGHT HANDED KNIFE! unfortunately I'm a lefty.

So, I am going to pass on this knife to one of my lucky KKF Breathren

$250 USD (includes shipping to US)

Here's the link to the original sale's page: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/9050-FS-Don-Nguyen-240-gyuto

I wanted this knife pretty bad when it was in AUS, now it's halfway around the world... I still want it :( How do you find that handle?

I actually like the handle. A lot more comfortable than I thought it was going to be. The real attribute that makes it so great is the profile though. The blade, somewhere between a Sujihiki and a gyuto, is a blast to use. I have already spoken to Don about making one of these for me(lefty).

Ive been really tossing around the thought that Im gonna try one of Mr Nguyens knives one of these days just cuz he has that funky sharp edges style to his builds.

Don's knives really are great. For $250, or even $300, you're hard-pressed to find anything like it by a single maker.

Back