Thai knife dealers

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_0205.jpg

Bangkok meat market knife dealer

Nice have any more .
That guy looks a bit giddy about knives:biggrin:

not sure who is happier that guy, or a kid in the candy store.

Dozens of knives but not a single stone? Even SLT has a better ratio then that and that's for a population who sees "never needs sharpening" as a miracle selling point.

I like that fruit carving is popular enough, in Thailand, for this guy to have fruit carving knives.

All the vendors seemed to have fruit carving knives. My experiences with fruit carving was that I ended up with a "water lotus that has been run over by a high speed bass boat three times."
I see a pull through knife sharpener in that photo but almost all these peddlers had the standard silicon carbide benchstones you find everywhere in Asia.
Going to try again on the photos thing. I've had a couple of other failures now and I'm not sure why this one worked.

I should also point out this guy has some of the sharpest knives I had seen in country. Given they were the same brands others were selling I assume he sharpened them himself before he laid they out.

Back