Quantcast
www.kinknives.com?
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: www.kinknives.com?

  1. #1

    Zwiefel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    2,247

    www.kinknives.com?

    Is anyone familiar with these guys?

    Looks like they have a few of the familiar lines, as well as some I've never heard of...including some, perhaps suspect, branded by Gordon Ramsey.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

  2. #2
    Senior Member stevenStefano's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Norn Iron
    Posts
    1,391
    Without looking at every single knife, they seem like the typical "blind you with bulls**t" UK knife vendor. a 240 Hattori HD gyuto costs $213 at JCK. One at Kin that is almost certainly the exact same costs $330.

  3. #3

    Zwiefel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    2,247
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenStefano View Post
    Without looking at every single knife, they seem like the typical "blind you with bulls**t" UK knife vendor.
    Given the lack of any technical details, that was my impression as well. that doesn't mean the products are crap, just that either the vendor doesn't understand their market...or that they understand it very well

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenStefano View Post
    a 240 Hattori HD gyuto costs $213 at JCK. One at Kin that is almost certainly the exact same costs $330.
    I assume that's a function of the import duties more than anything else.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

  4. #4
    Senior Member stevenStefano's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Norn Iron
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    I assume that's a function of the import duties more than anything else.
    I don't think so. I think it's more of a case that there isn't much competition so they think they can charge whatever they like

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cardiff, UK
    Posts
    801
    Absolute rip off, I refer to them as *kin expensive knives

  6. #6

    Zwiefel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    2,247
    Quote Originally Posted by TB_London View Post
    Absolute rip off, I refer to them as *kin expensive knives



    nice.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •