Quantcast
Hello from Kitchen and Knife!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Kitchen and Knife!

Hello from Kitchen and Knife!

As some of the members of Kitchen and Knife forum may have noticed, I have decided to merge the forum with this one. Dave and I have been talking about this almost from the beginning of the two boards in February, so it has been a decision long in the making. There are two main reasons for the measure. The most important reason for me is to strengthen the community. I started Kitchen and Knife because of the frustrations I had with Knifeforums. I hated seeing a community that I loved mistreated by the ownership and moderators like Brian and Mike. I think having one place to share makes the community stronger. The second not so important reason is the fact that my work and personal schedule really didn't allow me to commit to the board like Dave can here. Dave was one of the main people that built the kitchen community at knife forums, so I have no doubt that he is doing the right things for the community here.

I would like to thank all the contributors and members that supported me at Kitchen and Knife. The support means a lot to me. Who would have thought that I could feel such a connection with a group of guys that I have never met in person. Hopefully I will get a chance to meet some of you in person over good food and drink in the future.

I would like to give a special thanks to Hoss, Pierre, and Jon. Your support and the education you have provided me over the last few years is invaluable and I will be eternally in your debt.

Lastly, for the members that would like to access the old forum to gain access to their private messages, you can use the following link.

Board

Tom

I was wondering why TF your link directed me to Dave's site.

I had the same problem with my site. Maintaining and organizing forums takes more time than you think. It also takes the pleasure out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    I was wondering why TF your link directed me to Dave's site.

I had the same problem with my site. Maintaining and organizing forums takes more time than you think. It also takes the pleasure out of it.
    I didn't mind that part so much. This site addresses the issues I had with the KF, so the reasons for creating a forum that existed 3 months ago aren't here today.

Welcome aboard Tom!

Great to have you here.
    I really am related to Tony Clifton.

Glad you are here!

This saves me a few clicks on checking both these forums great!

Tom, it's great to have you here. You're participation at KF had always been great and I admire you for taking on a forum like you did, especially for the reasons you did it for, and I know you're a good guy who wants the best for the community. Again it's great to have you here and I hope to see some of the Kitchen & Knife members come over as well.

Dave

Glad this is happening Glad to see you here!

Welcome Tom, it will be good to have all the guys from the old neighbourhood under one banner again.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

+ Reply to Thread