Feedback Time

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
Hey guys! The site's been up and running for a few months now, and while I'm undergoing the typical growing pains of a new business, and some site modifications will be made shortly, the site has been a resounding success! For this, I thank you, the community that has made it all possible. As with all small-time start-ups, I've made some very good friends, connections and most importantly, loyal repeat customers! As many of you know, I love to track down items for you guys and get those harder to find pieces to you. So, while the site doesn't always seem hugely active, I've been kept pretty busy. This is AWESOME!

I've been given an opportunity to pick up a few different brands and will do so, but only if you are interested in their products. For example, I WILL be carrying Vie-Long Shaving products very soon. I, personally, love their brushes and may or may not own three of them. My wife also uses their make-up brushes, but enough of that "girl talk" (sorry Lucretia :D).

So, first things first - how am I doing, according to you? Have you purchased from me , and if so, how did you like the item, service, random 3am phone calls, etc? Haha.

What products would you like to see? For example, Kent Badger Brushes, Proraso Shaving Soap, alum blocks, etc.

Please feel free to post positives on this thread, and keep the negatives private. Just kidding! Feel free to pm, email, or post in this thread, both good and bad.

Thanks, everyone!

I acquired a bowl with shaving soap from you recently, and despite a glitch in payment received the item promptly. The #7 bowl and soap are really great! I am enjoying the sh!t out of them!
Signed, One Happy Customer!

Have not even looked at your shop yet, but being that I shave DE and straight, and you seem like a nice enough guy, expect some business from me tonight after work :D

Your doing great Tom. your a kind person to deal with.

the only thing i want to point out is that i wanna see more aften updates on products. :)

things i like to see would be
TOBS shaving creams. sandalwood,mr taylor,st james edt. etc also aftershaves,balms and preshave oil.
more vintage razors
local pottery maker who makes your shaving bowl designs. :)
vintage brushes NOS
hones
more of your soap with new fragrances
a good strop for a fair price
make smal begginer deals with brush,razor,and soap.
maybe a knifeholder in wood with hidden scruws in 2-3 woods

i can keep going for a long time on stuff im weak for lol

Cool. Great suggestions! Keep em coming! :D

Agree with Magnus regarding a small beginner deal with brush razor and soap. I didn't get a straight for Christmas, and am still considering giving it a try and would love to support someone on the boards here.

And where is the strop you said you were getting:feedkids:

Really, though, I have never had any issues. One thing you might consider on the knife side is to move all the available products to page one and keep the items marked sold on the 2nd page. Statistically speaking the less clicks to get to an item the more likely it will sell.

My wife also uses their make-up brushes, but enough of that "girl talk" (sorry Lucretia :D).

You know most of the members of this forum are wearing guyliner!

I gave up on the makeup years ago. Got fixed up fancy to go out, and hubby's comment was "you've got stuff on your face." Now I figure he should be thankful I shower every day. (Can you tell we're coming up on 29 years married?) :D

Customer service for the shop has been great. One thing I'd like to see on the web site is a way to sort for currently available knives, rather than just have them intermixed with sold items.

Matt, that's my next tweak, and why I haven my been marking too many as sold. Again, thanks!

Now to get more knives....

How would you guys like a few badger brushes, horsehair brushes, alum, aftershaves, and new DEs (and straights, on order)? Would these products interest you?

Oh, the strops are still coming. :) I've decided I like a certain leather best, and that's good enough for me!

If you're managing to hunt down and find knives how about vintage razors too? Oh, and to keep postage down, how about setting up shop here in Australia. Oh, and while I'm at it, how about giving fellow lefties a discount rather than the 30% surcharge we get with other knife suppliers.

Everything is awesome...and especially the shave bowl (#9). I too am looking at straights, so maybe a beginners kit is a good idea.

+1 on the strops--I guess waiting will only make it better.

I have not bought from you before but have had your site bookmarked for quite some time. I have just started to get into knives but have been shaving with a straight for quite a while. I would love to see a nice variety of soap and creams. Personally I really like Cella and TOBS Eton College. Some brushes would be nice to see. I don't know how feasible vintage straights would be but a few every once in while would be cool.

You have a great site and I wish I hadn't missed the bowl and soap deal here. I look forward to doing business with you in the future.

As a vendor per se, doing business with Tom is great. Site is great, agree with the sold/unsold issue. Keep it up good sir.
Oh....and Lucretia....what i do behind my neighbors closed doors...when he is gone is my business!!!

Keep up the good work Tom, have picked up a few things with nothing but great things to say. Seems you like a lot of the same custom guys I do, always nice to see a good custom knife for sale on a website, no waitlists.

I would be interested in the wet shaving stuff too :)

Good priced strop, soaps, brushes, alum, aftershaves and vintage razors will sell fast :)

I think you are a very nice guy to deal with. i like your website, but all the sold stuff in the shop are teasing me because i couldn't afford them :(

Based of my one experience with you I was very happy. Shipping in particular was very agreeable :wink:

Loved the experience with you; well, the Rodrigue Suji probably had something to do with it :doublethumbsup: (you might want to mark it as sold on the site). It came promptly and in great shape, despite a small vacation in the Chicago postal center. The only criticism I have is that I want more!!!!

Hahaha. Thanks! The "sold/available issue will be rectified, site wide, hopefully by tomorrow. I'm working on getting "more". :D I'm glad the suji is working out, but of course it is! It is one of Pierre's after all. :D

I would be interested in the wet shaving stuff too :)

Good priced strop, soaps, brushes, alum, aftershaves and vintage razors will sell fast :)

I think you are a very nice guy to deal with. i like your website, but all the sold stuff in the shop are teasing me because i couldn't afford them :(

Yeah like the $100 Takeda

Another Takeda will be around sometime :)

Alright everyone, I've tweaked the site, as a result of your comments and my desire to fix it up. :D

Thanks again, and be sure to keep an eye out for a nice amount of new product coming pretty soon!

Well done, Tom! As I've said before; really like your webshop, and now it's even better. Keep at it!

Back