Carter for $200?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No catch, the sfgz is his low grade version, or rather does not have a polished blade face. That knife is only 170 mm (think bigger petty). Its the same heat treat and steel used in his high grade line. Personally, I prefer the sfgz over the high grade

Thanks! Why do you prefer the sfgz over the high grade?

You can get it with riveted handles for a little less. I'd order one, but we just paid the property taxes.

Awesome, awesome, awesome knives!

Thanks! Why do you prefer the sfgz over the high grade?

Mostly because they are claimed to be hand polished to a mirror finish. Thats why there is such a large price difference,but frankly the finish job just sucks. There is no performance difference, so no point in paying more.

The knife you (Mark76) linked, is 5.6 sun. I have a 5.0 sun that looks just like it. It's easily one of my best performers. I only wish I'd gotten a bigger one. I'm amazed at how easily I can get through massive dinner parties with just this knife. The finish is great because you don't have to worry about messing it up when you sharpen it. These are deceptive knives: they look like hell, but are quite scrappy.

Cheers,

Jack

I completely agree. I have the same knife but it is about 210mm and it is one of my most used knives and they always carry excellent trade/resale value.

Good luck,
Anthony

Back