Kato folding Higonokami

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
Finished a handle for Kato folding knife :)
With Brass endkap and Ironwood scale from Mark. First time i try to make some patterns in wood and brass

This special Japanese Folder Knife (Higonokami) Is made only for JNS and was never sold before in Japan or outside.
His heat treat and amazing steel is also use in this knife ! Not pre laminated like many others Higonokami in Japan !
And also heat treated and forged in Charcoal forge !

IMGP6317.JPGIMGP6310.JPGIMGP6313.JPGIMGP6318.JPG

Attachments

• IMGP6320.JPG
    IMGP6320.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 171
Thanks guys :D
Kato told me that he will only make very very small amount of thise so i can not order them all the time :( and can only order 3 at the time, he normally dont make them. But thise come out with very good FF better then his other knives.
Everything is rounded very nicely with nice polish, i can only imagen what pitta it is to polish and form such small blade without handle haha

Wow this is very good looking sexy handle.

You made the texturing yourself??

Yeah first time i try to add textur :D it is more for practical reasons, i think it adds bit more grab to this kind of knife

One more is finished and on Web :D

This time with Ironwood and Mammoth Ivory

Kato

IMGP6463.JPGIMGP6464.JPGIMGP6465.JPGIMGP6469.JPGIMGP6470.JPGIMGP6473.JPG

Also for razor nerds out here added 2 very good German NOS razors

Razors

IMGP6480.JPGIMGP6486.JPG

Boy do these sell fast I hope you plan on getting more as I just need to push myself to grab one sometime. The mamoth one looks stunning, I think it'd make a great personal steak knife, something I've wanted for a while.

Thanks guys !

I am working on last one in walnut burl with brass :D
Unfortunately waiting time on those is VERY loong i have orderes some more already but it will go some time before he starts making them

Latest posts

Back