Custom knifemaker in the UK

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow not my cup of tea at all. Wonder if WIll is familiar with him? The leather roll looks nice I must say

He posts a bit on the British forum, I've always had the feeling they're made as outdoors knives in kitchen shapes. Haven't tried one though so could be wrong

for that money, get something from will catchside, if you want a british custom.

I'm still learning how to look at the way the light plays on knives to divine their grind....but it looks like these are awfully thick behind the edge...is it just me?

Looks over priced for what he's offering, although I do like the aesthetics of his handles. There is a huge overground on the heel of one of his steak knives. If I was looking for a UK custom kitchen knife if get in touch with will catchside, if I wanted and outdoor knife I would probably keep looking. His leatger work on the other hand looks quite nice.

Just a point of interest, not in the market for a knife this close to the wrong side of Christmas. Next knife is a nakiri, next purchase is a 5000 grit stone.

He seems to do the leather rolls to order so I might actually email him and see how much they'd cost roughly

I think the guy seems eager to learn, etc, but the look overly convexed, and not very thin at all. he seems to have some talent, though!

Why is it that custom knives are so expensive in the UK?

Latest posts

Back