• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Takeda Menkiribocho Cleaver w Custom Handle by Andy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antbanks

Reaction score
This was Andy's cleaver, Dave Martell reshaped the edge, and Andy put a custom handle on it. It does not get much use so I figure it is time to pass it on. Here is what Andy had to say about this knife: "This knife kicks so much ass, I love using it. The blade is AS steel and has been thinned, polished, and the edge re-shaped by Dave for quite frankly the perfect edge curve. The cleaver measures 24.5x9cm. The handle is on the larger side approx 1" wide by 1-1/8" tall. But I think it's the perfect size for the knife. It's not a sissy sized handle. It is made of box elder burl and red mallee burl with stainless steel spacers. This is one of my favorite handles I've ever made. It feels really great in the hand." $400 shipped conus.

Price check in Isle 9...:dontknow:

If I hadn't just committed to Scott's Kato (w/Mike rehandle close to follow), I would be all over this in a frickin heartbeat...

If I diddnt have this puppy, using all my money on vet bills and whatnot I would totally jump on this haha.

haha...ok thanks. Just wasnt sure if andy was the guy around the corner or the Salt Lake City rockstar :)

Just an fyi, I wasnt able to buy the cleaver, but Im pretty sure itll be back up for sale someday again. Its just the nature of the beast.

Back