Quantcast
Different take on Caesar salad? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Different take on Caesar salad?

it's not caesar dressing by any means, but I always use a variation of evoo + lemon juice...then use fresh garlic, mustard (many different varieties), kosher, cracked black, fresh herbs, etc. depending on mood and applicatoin. Works well for salads or grilled meats, particularly pork.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Thanks theory....so does the rice paper stick to itself?....also can you make em ahead and keep them in the fridge....just for a few hours maybe?....Ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

I can't give you my exact dressing recipe (because I might be selling it soon in the future), but when I had my upscale Tex-Mex restaurant we served a chipotle-lime Caesar salad with grilled romaine hearts, cornbread croutons and Parmesan crisp (frico).

Engorged Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cnochef View Post
    I can't give you my exact dressing recipe (because I might be selling it soon in the future), but when I had my upscale Tex-Mex restaurant we served a chipotle-lime Caesar salad with grilled romaine hearts, cornbread croutons and Parmesan crisp (frico).
    you could roll the frico into tubes around the lettuce like your spring roll idea.
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    Thanks theory....so does the rice paper stick to itself?....also can you make em ahead and keep them in the fridge....just for a few hours maybe?....Ryan
    Three hours is a bit much. The romaine will get soggy by then. Realistically I would say 15 minutes tops. The wet rice paper sticks to itself. Just make sure to cut the romaine fine enough and roll it tightly. The moisture content in the paper is key. It has to be wet enough to become stretchy without tearing. You can work with two or more at a time easy. I just pull them out of the water when they are mostly wet with a little bit of hard areas. After you pull them out the capillary action will draw the excess water into these areas to complete the soak.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    you could roll the frico into tubes around the lettuce like your spring roll idea.
    I have served Caesar salad in frico "tacos" for catered events.

You could also stuff the salad into mini pocket pitas

Thanks guys....I wil try and take some pics of the meal....I got a whole strip loin dry aging as we speak!....Ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

Quote Originally Posted by tkern View Post
    hippie
    Hey it's not like I said the sub the bacon out of a BLT for tempeh.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney