Crossing THE Threshold

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Customfan

Reaction score
I have just crossed THE threshold! I have just started stockpiling stabilized wood for future projects! I remember reading other nuts posts and saying.... That will not happen to me!

But I am in Love with KOA, cant help it! :scared4:

Whats next? Any words of advise? What to do?

I am loosing control and I think I like it! Ha, Ha, ha! :eek2:

I've got a couple blocks of wood waiting for dave to get caught up. I know the feeling.... And it's good.

I have the same thing--I wish you hadn't told me it was a problem. Now I definitely have to get more knives. :spin chair:

I just got off the phone with Mark. The first thing he said was "I knew you'd call."

I'm a junky.

Ha you only have wood for handles. I have wood for handles, feruls, and even sayas. I either need to buy a sander and learn how to do it myself, or quit buying wood.

Sayas seem easier than..they...seem(?). You know what I mean. I just tweaked the one that came with my KS (after tweaking my KS), and it was pretty simple, really. Give it a try!

Customfan, there's only one thing to do: go into the woods, clear out 10 acres with the Green Dragon, build a cabin made entirely of stabilized burls and finely grained woods, with an emphasis on the beautiful koa. Name it Koa Castle, live off the grid, eating only food you have foraged, hunted, trapped or grown and fulfill your true calling in life - being a mountain man with a crazy ass cabin and a slew of stolen high-end cooking gear. You'll have to venture into town here and there for a propane tank change, to pay your Internet bill (it is 2013, after all), and to stop at your PO Box. However, you'll become a legend and you'll sleep on a king sized mattress filled entirely with down from the geese you've single-handedly hunted, cleaned and used every inch of, as well as the shaved fibers of the scraps of wood you couldn't use. Sounds like you're gonna be busy....

I've sort of started collecting wood. I've asked Mark about making a set of blocks for my kids using all his cool woods ;)

I just wonder if I will be stacking the blocks with the little ones and saying: "Wow, that would be a great handle combination."

k.

Its true Dave... Its so true! :D

Tom.... That story is great! I loved it! Specially the Koa part! Thank you... And I actually let my mind wonder.. Thinking... That would be cool....

Ohhh dear god... USPS just came by and dropped of something SOOO nice... Ill try to post some pictures when I have a chance...

Just to give you an idea... key words..

Marr - Gytuo - Integral - saya!

Its fantastic!!

:dance:

Back