Quantcast
Stone Advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stone Advice

You need to use a light touch with the diamond stones. To heavy a hand breaks the diamonds off. Like many tools, you need to let the tool do the work.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I've ruined a dmt xxc by grinding too hard. It still works, but it shouldn't have worn as quick as it did, now I'm using for flattening only. Defintitely learnt that one the hard way.

Hey mate, not sure if budget is a worry or not but (NZer here) you might want to consider shipping costs when it comes to stones: in my experience depending where you buy shipping might amount to same price as the stone itself...

Quote Originally Posted by ChiliPepper View Post
    Hey mate, not sure if budget is a worry or not but (NZer here) you might want to consider shipping costs when it comes to stones: in my experience depending where you buy shipping might amount to same price as the stone itself...
    Ordering from Stu at toolsfromjapan I can get quite reasonable shipping, especially buying multiple stones at once.

Yeah, I am probably guilty of "leaden hand ruins the plate" on this one. Would the light tough also apply to flattening stones as well?
    Happiness is a sharp knife.