Meatballs=trigger food...Stefan I need counselling

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
I can't make meatballs without eating some before they make it into the dish. I seem to have a need to try one from each batch even though they come from the same mix. If one happens to roll on to the counter, well, heaven forbid. I eat my share before anyone else even gets one. Of course I make sure that there is plenty for me when we all sit down together.

Last year I even made a meatball chili for the local chili cook off. I made Italian meatball soup for dinner tonight and by the time it was done I wasn't even hungry.

Please help.

Love and respect

Hoss

You don't need counseling, you need an intervention! I will come visit when you make meatballs, and when you go to eat one, I will snatch it away from you and gobble it down. I'm quick, mean, and love meatballs, so I think I've got you covered. All it will cost you is one custom knife. :D (Meatball chili sounds pretty good to me!)

hehe, when I make meatballs at work, I tray them up in rows. When the finished sheet comes out you can always count about 10 missing from the rows, should just start taking whole rows and pushing them together, I feel for you Hoss, this is an issue for me as well.

Honestly Hoss, your addiction/problem is pretty weak compared to that of a bacon and or sausage addict.
When cooking bacon or sausage we usually have to throw at least an extra sheet pan in for all the theft. And there are only 2 of us.
A few weeks ago at a brunch party I think I ate at least 20 sausage links.
I got so sick that afternoon.
I might be able to kick the habit though, with the help of a custom knife from you.
We can form a 12-step support group.

And this would be a problem because...?:dontknow:

I haven't made Italian wedding soup in ages but I guess I suffer from the same disease. Each time I make extra meat balls thinking they will last for meatball subs it never happens.

C'mon Hoss -- how about adding a recipe or two to your posts?!? :eyebrow:

There are loads of variations, so I know I would be interested in seeing how some of you guys make them.

I grew up on meatballs made from store-bought ground beef, powdered garlic, salt, moistened bread (usually w/ water), dried basil, dried oregano and an egg or two. Brown on the stovetop or in an electric skillet, and then do the bulk of the cooking in the simmering spaghetti sauce (yeah, we did not know or use the term 'gravy').

Now that I am more, er, sophisticated, I use a blend of ground beef and ground pork (I find including ground veal takes away from the overall meaty flavor a little), moisten the bread w/ milk, add in a bit of grated parmesan or romano, and sometimes even a splash of wine. I still do the bulk of the cooking in the sauce; I've tried the oven method and I miss the contribution you get from the sauce being drawn in a bit into the meatball.

Honestly Hoss, your addiction/problem is pretty weak compared to that of a bacon and or sausage addict.
Yes! I spend 10 hours a day standing right next to a six-inch third pan full of hot bacon... and as soon as it's gone, I put another one in its place. An endless supply. You'd think you get tired of grazing on it all day for... decades, but... but....

*sobs*

I CANT STOP EATING IT!!

Every man needs at least one crutch. No shame! And besides, its called continual quality control. THAT is the sign of a man who cares for his family or patrons! WELL DONE!!

What's Stefan going to tell you? Take that meatball money and buy beer and handle materials instead? That's my kinda counseling!! :hungry:

What cracks me up is watching the Food Channel wt. all the good stuff to eat,then the commercials are how to lose weight.Eat drink wt. Friends & Family no worry be happy.:)

Back