Quantcast
US Customs
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: US Customs

US Customs

Looking for some help regarding US Customs.

How long do packages usually take to clear US customs? If I have a package, whose last known whereabouts is USLAXA that says received and awaiting clearance for delivery, how long should that take?

The package has been in the same place since 12/25/12.

Has anyone every had a package held up by Customs? If so what can you do?

I went to the post office and asked that same question I've had a package there since 12/29 and was getting worried. They told me things often get held up at customs and they have herd of it taking up to three weeks. Is says it went through the sort facility and even gives me a time but they told me it hasn't left yet that's why the tracking still says L.A.

Sorry if it's OT, but has anyone in the US ever had to pay fees to receive an item? When posting a knife recently I was told if I posted it marked at its correct value, the recipient would have to pay fees to get it. This was the first time I ever heard of this. Has this happened to anyone before, and if so how much were the fees?

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    In Nov. I had a package wait for over 3 weeks after it was sent from Will in England. It only took a week for the wood I sent to get to him. Seems like they are having a hard time period.
    Chewie's the man.

I wonder how Koki gets his stuff though so quick. Is EMS exempt from customs?

EMS = Express mail service and obviously handled with priority.

I've had a few packages take about a couple of weeks in customs. Funny thing is most of them have come from Canada. You'd think those would go through quicker than others... At least, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenStefano View Post
    Sorry if it's OT, but has anyone in the US ever had to pay fees to receive an item?
    i've had dozens of items sent to me from overseas, over the years, and none have taken very long to pass customs, and i've never had to pay anything. there is no VAT in the US, which i think is a big part of it.

like TK, the items i've had that have taken a while in customs have come from Canada. my guess is that it's related to the large amount of cigarette and alcohol smuggling that goes on, though one would expect that most would go the other way...

A little OT......If you ship a "kitchen utensil" it should go through customs faster and you are telling the truth,it works for me.I have not used the word "knife" yet to test my theory and don't plan on it.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    i've had dozens of items sent to me from overseas, over the years, and none have taken very long to pass customs, and i've never had to pay anything. there is no VAT in the US, which i think is a big part of it.
    It really pisses me off the hear that. I live in a pretty small town and any time I have to post anything it's always gives me so much grief

+ Reply to Thread