Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: US Customs

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    A little OT......If you ship a "kitchen utensil" it should go through customs faster and you are telling the truth,it works for me.I have not used the word "knife" yet to test my theory and don't plan on it.
    I sent the package in question. ( from Australia) and marked it as kitchen tools after advice from Maksim, so I don't think that's the issue, my guess is a hold up due to the holiday season. Hopefully it gets through soon
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

I've never had an issue with a knife. I've received packages from Koki faster than I've received FC letters a few states away. I did have a package that was held for at least two weeks but that was years ago. It was a cuckoo clock from Germany. When I received the package it was obvious that it had been inspected. Nothing you can do to speed things up AFAIK plus you hit the Holiday season. The port strikes can't be helping matters much either.
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

I bought one of Gieves and Hawkes "off the rack" suits in London back in 2006 and had them alter it and ship it. I got whacked for duty at the UPS distribution facility here in St. Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    I bought one of Gieves and Hawkes "off the rack" suits in London back in 2006 and had them alter it and ship it. I got whacked for duty at the UPS distribution facility here in St. Pete.
    How much was the suit valued at? I was told recently that there is no duty incoming to the US up to $1000 in value of goods, over $1000 and you'll have to pay. I've wondered where the figure came from but never looked into it officially.

I have a stone coming from Japan, and it was shipped from Osaka via Registered SAL on the 12/27. The tracking number shows up in USPS system as "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" at KANSAI INT APT, JAPAN on the 28th. Of course I was hoping it would be 2 weeks when I was told 2-5 weeks. I can't wait for it to scan as being at LAX for customs.

Yee Haw, package arrived safe and sound.

On the other end of the spectrum...I ordered a knife from Maxim last Friday and it arrived by Monday lunch.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

I am still waiting from a knife from Australia that still hasn't come. Did it change on the tracking or did it only track it till it got to the US? My package was at customs on the 29th and doesn't look like its moved yet

For the package I just got from AU, it appeared to stop tracking at customs. There was never any movement or change in status, then one day it showed up on my door. The package I was expecting was shown in customs just a few days before yours Turbo, so hopefully yours will come any day.

Quote Originally Posted by turbochef422 View Post
    I am still waiting from a knife from Australia that still hasn't come. Did it change on the tracking or did it only track it till it got to the US? My package was at customs on the 29th and doesn't look like its moved yet
    It went straight from awaiting clearance for delivery; to delivered
    Huw

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    On the other end of the spectrum...I ordered a knife from Maxim last Friday and it arrived by Monday lunch.
    Yeah, Maksims packages are like lightning!
    Huw