well look at what came in the mail today.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdipisReks

Founding Member
Reaction score
240 Shigefusa next to my 270 Mizuno. i'd say that Shigefusa gives you a lot of steel for your money. :) it's definitely a thicker and heavier knife than the Mizuno, but talk about thin behind the edge! it'll take some getting used to, but it's very comfortable. i've cut all of an apple so far, but i think i'll like getting to know this thing. :) thanks, Mario!

:crying::crying: That's a good looking knife. I have not sharpened it in over a year,you might want to take it to the stones to get its true awesomeness.

:crying::crying: That's a good looking knife. I have not sharpened it in over a year,you might want to take it to the stones to get its true awesomeness.

it was still pretty sharp. i refined the edge on my kitayama and then stropped on .25 diamond, and it's hair splitting. took about 1 minute.

the cladding sure does patina quickly, though. quickly enough that there is now patina that exactly matches the whorls of a slice of onion that sat on the blade for a couple seconds. i'm not getting the wet iron smell and discolored food that has been complained about, though. damn does it cut well! it's better than the Mizuno, and i really like my Mizuno.

the Shigefusa is amazing. that's all i have to say about it. it's getting a nice blue patina from beef, and very quickly, so i don't think oxidation is going to be a problem.

Latest posts

Back