• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS- Takeda 240mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miketayl0r

Reaction score
Served me well in a professional kitchen. No longer has a place in my rotation. In great shape, but could use some thinning. Leather sheath included. $250 shipped CONUS

keszk5.jpg

2li8unn.jpg

Wow. Including the sheath??? That's a deal.

By the way, who made the sheath?

Mike I tried to send you a PM earlier today and your box was full

Mike Henry going after a Takeda?!?!? Say it isn't so... ;)

I had pm'd him about a possible handle job.

The Takeda is still up for grabs

No man, im good right now paying off a couple others. Maybe just the sheath though :D the 240 I got from turbochef is perfect for me man. Sometimes with Takeda its hit and miss with what im lookin for but Nicks knife was right on.

Couple of questions, it is AS steel, yes? Also what do you mean by some thinning is necessary, has it been sharpened in a strange way so i would have to reprofile it? Finally how old is it?

Thanks

Couple of questions, it is AS steel, yes? Also what do you mean by some thinning is necessary, has it been sharpened in a strange way so i would have to reprofile it? Finally how old is it?

Thanks

Yes AS is sandwiched in between. Buy it before I do lol

San mai construction. If they were AS honyaki they'd be in another ball park.

Back