Japanese Knives The JKI Caveman Series...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
Thoughts?
321946_10151255562403860_847889729_o.jpg

In all seriousness, this was a gift from a friend... i think its one of the coolest knives i own now ;)

obsidian? Looks sweet, I watched an old flint knapper do a couple pieces several years ago. One in flint, and one in obsidian. That volcanic glass, is bar none, the sharpest edge I have ever seen. He told me some of his stuff gets used by plastic surgeons. Its sharper than their scalpels.

That volcanic glass, is bar none, the sharpest edge I have ever seen.

I read a study of obsidian once...it's supposedly the sharpest material on the planet.

Looks very cool Jon...you figured out how you're going to use it yet?

i opened a cup of ramen today with it ;)

(it was crazy busy here today and i didnt really have time to eat a real lunch)

He told me some of his stuff gets used by plastic surgeons. Its sharper than their scalpels.

Obsidian scalpels are used often in eye surgery, because they make the cleanest cuts and--compared to diamond instruments of similar precision sharpness--they're more cost effective and durable.

I love how light plays off obsidian. When i was a kid i used to make crude little sculptures out of it. mostly fish, the reflections reminded me of fish scales.

In order to show respect to the original design, I think you need to wear the appropriate garb when using it:

1118.jpg

Great looking little knife.

In order to show respect to the original design, I think you need to wear the appropriate garb when using it:

1118.jpg

Great looking little knife.

lol +10 loved the move, but then again I was 10.

cool ass knife john.

Have you heard about that new thing called fire? I can send you some in a letter... :D

Cool little knife btw!

I met a couple of natives in Indiana one time and they were flint knappers and actually made scalpels for some doctors in Indianapolis because they couldn't get stainless steel sharp enough for a technique so they were approached, small blade obsidian is very very sharp and makes a clean cut.

Back