• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stones and a Bag

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThEoRy

Founding Member
Reaction score
Looking to pass along a few stones I hardly ever used.

First is a sun tiger 220 from Korin. Originally $28 or so, I maybe used it 3 times. I tried it to fix slightly broken tips on its sides as well. It does cut very aggressively but dishes a little bit. To be quite honest I haven't used it in about 2 years so my memory is a bit foggy on this one. 20 bucks seems fair for something that's just been sitting around.

Next I have a naniwa super stone 3k. It's the baseless 20mm thick version. It still at least 18mm thick. Used to few times as a bridge stone but I never really liked the feel. After a while I just started going from 1k to 5k and kind of forgot I even had this one. Pulled it out recently to try and use it as sort of a polisher for single bevel knives. Leaves a bright finish for a 3k but I just don't like the feeling, maybe it's just me. Originally $53, I'll take $40 for it.

Now we come to the bag. It's my ultimate edge deluxe 18 pocket knife kit. This one has been in service for 10 months now so it's seen some typical wear. The velcro doesn't work great on the handle grip, there's a small tear on the mesh in the back and the zipper in the back was stretched open a little but still works fine. The only other wear is on the stitching holding the shoulder strap to the bag but it's still holding well. I'm being overly critical but I wanted to have full disclosure.

Most of these issues I could just fix by stitching things back up but I figured I would offer it to someone who wanted to try this bag out on a discount. Originally $85 I'll sell it for $60

Buyer pays shipping on items so I'll have to figure out how much that is. Probably not much though.

I'll have to post some pictures when I was can but I wanted to get the ball rolling here.

All items packed up for shipping tomorrow.

Back