Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Sharpening Station

New Sharpening Station

Well, my wife was more than in favor of me creating an 'outdoor' sharpening station for the garage, so in the warmer months the 'slurry' would leave the kitchen. So I have a newly built sharpening station as of today.

It has two shelves for soaking bins, and I plan on putting a vice on the end. The surface is still a bit rough, so I am going to sand it and seal it with something.

The shelves will hold all of my sanding supplies (belts, paper, planes etc.), and I also finally have a place to put the belt sander that I have been waiting to buy.

k.

"There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

nice!

I can see it now....mud splashing all over the wife's shiner car.

Sweet set up you have there! Where did you get the hardware that keeps all the pieces together? Is it plastic? Metal?

It is heavy duty plastic, and I got it off of Amazon. Below if the link. After that it is just the wood and assembly.

http://www.amazon.com/2x4basics-9016...4643714&sr=8-1

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Very nice, my wife kicked me out of the kitchen too. Now I have a small cubicle in the garden shed, but yours looks much nicer

I tried to respond, but the powers that be sent my response to moderation. It must have been the Amazon link.

The legs are made out of really heavy duty plastic, and I got the whole kit off of Amazon. Just search for work benches and you will likely spot it. The hardware was about $65 and then you buy the lumber to suit your needs.

k.

Hey, that is awesome. Send some more pics when you get it all equipped. Then it will be time for a sweet-sharpening-station-competition. Who should judge?

-M

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I tried to respond, but the powers that be sent my response to moderation. It must have been the Amazon link.
    Karring, I can see your post above (with the Amazon link) and I don't think it went to moderation. Let me know if there's a problem though.

I keep looking butt don't see a link.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig