• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Masamoto VC 150mm petty, Suisin HC 240mm gyuto, Misono UX10 Honesuki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WiscoNole

Reaction score
I am the original owner of all three knives. Selling because I need the money for non-knife expenditures. I hate to see them go, but I'm not about to give up my Mizuno or anything. :knife:

I apologize in advance for the (lack of) quality of the pictures. The bevels look all wonky because of the light/flash.

The petty is a great little knife. Masamoto's virgin carbon is a good solid steel, and it's nice and thin. I paid $110 at Korin, selling for $70 shipped in the continental US.

The Suisin gyuto is a very surprising knife for the price. It's definitely on the thin side, moreso than most other western 240s. The steel sharpens up quickly and easily and lasts longer than you'd expect for a knife in this price range. I paid $112 at Korin, selling for $70 shipped in the continental US.

The UX10 honesuki is a great option for those looking for a stainless honesuki. It's in great condition. It has a relatively thick (nothing crazy) blade and goes through joints and separates the leg from the thigh with ease. I bought this 2 or 3 years ago before the big Misono price hike at Korin for $195ish including the saya. Selling knife + saya for $140 shipped in the continental US.

20121211_171154.jpg

20121211_171014.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

the knives arrived safely to the philippines with no problems! =D

150805_10151207485517691_1425638313_n.jpg

Back