Thread: Nenohi

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of where Nenohi knives are made, and if they make them themselves? I never saw them in use in Japan, and searching for them for purchase on Google Japan brings up almost no results. I know they are sold through their store in Tsukiji, but I haven't been able to see the store yet, and that seems to be the only place in Japan that sells them. Is this a brand that has been created recently which is focused on exports? Maybe I just haven't happened to see them, but how many knife makers in Japan are there that produce well respected knives that sell for $2000 overseas that aren't hundreds of years old? Lots? I'm not saying they're not top quality, and I have no idea what they're really like because I've never used one. I assume they're great - they should be for the price. Admittedly I know relatively few Japanese knife producers, and there are lots of them that do small production. Maybe there are dozens of companies like Nenohi that I don't know about because I've been living in a kitchen for fifteen years.

If you can go to Tsukiji this is the map of Nehoni.

Hope it helps.

You can see many high quality knives made by various craftsman there.