Quantcast
BACK in STOCK - The Art of Knife Sharpening DVD Set - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: BACK in STOCK - The Art of Knife Sharpening DVD Set

The link to you DVD is dead on Google Chrome and Apple Safari browsers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Heads up > Our Art of Knife Sharpening DVD Set by Dave Martell is back is stock.

I'm considering buying your DVD, but can't get to the link to find out more.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Danvil View Post
    I'm considering buying your DVD, but can't get to the link to find out more.

Dan

Hi Dan, this is currently not available, sorry.

Even if people do pass downloads on to other people, Dave would still be making more money than not selling any DVDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpigg View Post
    Even if people do pass downloads on to other people, Dave would still be making more money than not selling any DVDs.
    Depends on how much it costs him to provide a digital download. My idea about using the digital download services is a good idea, but you still get charged a monthly fee. I really don't see it being very profitable.

However, I still want one.

What about loading it to Youtube, making it available for free, placing advertisements on it, spreading the word on KKF and elsewhere (B&B comes to mind as well) and then having it link back to your website? I bet plenty of KKF/B&B members would view it, learn from it, reference it, and drive hits to it. It could also significantly drive traffic to your website, which in turn could mean more $$. Obviously this is a lower rate of return on your work in the short term, but it is making you money and building your reputation online on the world's biggest video sharing site, rather than just being discussed on a forum. Heck, look at the hit counts for Jon's videos - he has probably > 100k hits on his videos combined - I know that's not the same as millions or tens of millions, but it isn't half bad from an exposure standpoint. Just my two cents. Make every dollar you have work for you, even if it's a low return - still better than no return.

Quote Originally Posted by skiajl6297 View Post
    What about loading it to Youtube, making it available for free, placing advertisements on it, spreading the word on KKF and elsewhere (B&B comes to mind as well) and then having it link back to your website? I bet plenty of KKF/B&B members would view it, learn from it, reference it, and drive hits to it. It could also significantly drive traffic to your website, which in turn could mean more $$. Obviously this is a lower rate of return on your work in the short term, but it is making you money and building your reputation online on the world's biggest video sharing site, rather than just being discussed on a forum. Heck, look at the hit counts for Jon's videos - he has probably > 100k hits on his videos combined - I know that's not the same as millions or tens of millions, but it isn't half bad from an exposure standpoint. Just my two cents. Make every dollar you have work for you, even if it's a low return - still better than no return.
    That's not a bad idea actually. I could see some people who actually bought a copy maybe feeling cheated if its available to watch free now however.

I actually really think that could work. i'm willing to bet that you will make some money from ads but the amount of money from sales generated through a link or people thinking oh i wonder what he has for sale at the moment would be more than original sales. Of course theres no way to measure it! - That i know of.

That's not a bad idea, I'll look into this and give it some thought, thanks.

dont youtube have a option that you have to pay to watch some video, i think i saw it before

End of the Road Sale - this is the last time that this DVD set will be sold. Two days only!

http://www.japaneseknifesharpeningst...tell-p/dvd.htm

FREE shipping - anywhere in the world, please PM if you are international (outside of USA) and we'll send you a Paypal invoice.

*Note - DVD's are not made yet. Please allow 1 week for us to produce the DVD's prior to shipping.